You are here

Its all about the money

CLove's picture

Toxic Troll got her settlement money.

Munchkin SD14 is on break now too. So, they have been online shopping like crazy and going out to eat and ordering so much food that they cant even finish it.

Its our week, and TT wants to keep Munchkin, but when she came over Tuesday she was so dirty and greasy and smelly I wanted to bleach her. She was supposed to be with us Monday, but the Troll wanted her there to set up the new bigger rabbit cage they just bought. But it didnt arrive until last night (Wednesday).

So, Im just thinking I need to "ride through this". But something is fishy. Dh stood his ground Monday and told her no he wanted kiddo with us during break. They renogotiated to have the Troll pick her up this morning to deal with rabbit cage (and more shopping probably) and drop heroff. Troll NEVER does transport.

So, Im thinking that its because shes lazy and doesnt want to set up the rabbit cage on her own, PLUS she wants to go visit a dude and needs a dogsitter for the day, OR when it comes to drop off, she will try to keep her.

As much as I KNOW and UNDERSTAND that Troll is BM, and its break and shes got money (for now), my revulsion kicks in and I just want her at our house. Detoxing. Maybe even helping out here and there. NOT with BM and under her influence.

Got to hear a "funny story" about Toxic Troll taking her to a popular locals restaurant and being loud and obnoxious on the phone with her sister, Crazy Troll, and them bickering over getting an omelette. And how embarrassing it was. I'm one of those people who HATE when Im at a restaurant and thepeople around me are yapping into their phones. Not to mention "oh yay, thats so funny". Then having to see her car this morning for pickup, and she blocked me from leaving, so I had to ask Munchkin to ask her to pull forward.

I absolutely HATE pickups at our house. 

I hope she spends all her money from her settlement, quickly.

CLove's picture

AND, of course DH still has to keep handing out Child Support.

tog redux's picture

Do settlements count towards income for CS purposes? I don't know the answer to that - DH should consult an attorney.

It blows me away that people manage money this way. I'd pay off debt, take a small bit for house fixing up, and invest the rest.  I guess I don't live in the moment.

I used to always feel better when SS was under our roof (when I could stand being around him - in the early years) and I knew BM wasn't poisoning him for the moment.

CLove's picture

I do not think so. I was researching it. For workmans comp or disabilit claims its non-taxable and not counted for child support.

She has a crappy 1-bedroom apartment, so maybe she should get a 2 bedroom so that Munchkin has her own room. At the least pay off that dumb 2-seater BMW convertable that her dog has outgrown. Or perhaps save it and get a job through the retraining $$$ available. And put DH's check in an account for Munchkin when she graduates and needs help launching.

I would def get a new kitchen and new main bathroom and new floors. But Ive never been a "baller".

You totally get what I am saying. Even if shes just hanging out while we are at work, shes still better off.

tog redux's picture

But this is a lawsuit settlement, right? Not Worker's Comp or disability.

CLove's picture

Dh doesnt know, Munchkin Doesnt Know. All sketchy.

All I know is::

1. She sued the school system and recieved money over the past few years, monthly. Then a few larger sums..like 10k.

2. She had gone to court and was successful and just recently recieved a large sum of money (undisclosed). We only know this because of her increased spending. Munchkin, not wanting to get in the middle of anything (shes learning finally) hasnt mentioned anything except the online shopping and the gluttony at restaurants.

So, Im thinking its a combination/process of wormans comp covering the past few years of non-working sloth and then the lawsuit settlement with the insurance company for the final payment.

JRI's picture

I agree that TT will blow thru her money quickly on stupid things.  One positive is that Munchkin will absorb the reality that "a lot" of money can go quickly with little lasting benefit when you don't plan ahead.  Maybe she will get her bed before its all gone.  I would be tempted to coach her to guilt TT into buying it but of course that would be wrong.  Lol.

CLove's picture

I recall a conversation with munchkin a little while ago, where she was the one saying "I feel like I need to tell her how to spend her money so she pays off her car and doesnt spend it all so quickly." So she is getting THAT message~ everytime a "windfall" of money comes in it is blown quickly (tax returns - $3000 plus, settlement money - $5,000) and then of course Feral Forger SD21 hears of it and suddenly comes around.

Yes, I am darn sure that the money will be gone quicky. I just dont know how much (thinking it could be anywhere between 10,000 to 60,000 which is a large spread)...

Munchkin has not been forthcoming with information lately. Its possible she wants to hide this...out of loyalty and possibly greed. 

advice.only2's picture

I had a friend like this, she was awarded disability and they retroactively paid her from the time she opened her claim to when she was actually awarded it. She got a nice chunk of change and instead of using it to get herself a new vehicle and set her and her kids up in a nicer place. She used some of it to buy new living room furniture and used the rest on crap, shopping trips, eating out, taking her kids out of town to the mall...not anyplace fun, but to the mall. The money was gone within the month and then she was back crying to me about not having any money to fix her car which was breaking down, not having nicer place to live for her babies. I had to finally just cut the friendship off. She was the type of person who liked being a perpetual victim.
As for TT it sucks knowing she had that windfall, but it doesn't stop your DH from having to pay CS. Trust me I understand the unfairness of CS not going for the child. Meth Mouth used to use if for drugs...fun to pay our hard earned money into her arm, but the courts don't care.

CLove's picture

Toxic Troll doesnt cook or anything anyway, just buys the boxed food and fast food, so hopefully Munchkin is eating better this way (silver lining?)

Munchkin, being a teen, has been coming to us severely broken out on her forhead and picking at it so there are large bumps. They go away when shes with us...

YEP. Money will be gone soon. GOOD.