You are here

It is supposed to be my kid free week, but SS5 wil be here =(

Auberry2's picture

Every summer my dad and stepmom take my bio-son for a week or two and I get all that time with any kids in my house. It is fabulous. I get everything spotless and then I spend and entire week not cooking and enjoying my clean, quiet house. No getting up early to take anyone to day care, no hurrying home or worrying about dinner, no stepping on Legos in the hallway. It is sooo nice. I love my bio-son, but some time off is so wonderful, especially for a single mom.

Well, except this year, I am not a single mom, there are FDH and SS5. And SS5 is not going to my dad's house this time, because my bio-son asked to spend this week with his grandfather just by himself, and to be honest, my dad and stepmom know how SS5 behanves and aren't ready to keep him by themselves yet. I am soooo sad that what is usually my time to myself is now my time to be stuck with SS5 by myself. None of FDH's family will take him (his own grandmother doeesn't want to keep him, not even for a day that week). And on top of that, FDH ays he will be working overtime, and he wants me to take SS5 to a family birthday party by myself. I don't want to sound hateful , but not no but heck no. I want nothing to do with the child in public. He completely disrespects me, won't listen, is more than willing to physically attack me, and I will not put myself through that. I feel if it is really important to FDH for SS5 to go to the party he should either stay home from work that day or call a family memeber to come pick SS5 up and then bring him back to me. Preferably bring him back several days later.... =/

TASHA1983's picture

110% DEAD ON!!!! "YOUR KID...YOUR PROBLEM"!!!! Why the f*** do 90% of the dh/so that I keep reading about on this site seem to treat their wives/so like a freakin live in babysitter for their damn kids (especially when I notice that 95% of you with bio-kids dont ask or expect your dh/so to do much if anything for your own kids)!!??? This infuriates the hell outta me!!! And you poor ladies have to bend over and take it??!! GRRRR....burns my ass!!!!

Ommy's picture

Dont do it. Flatt out. He needs to find day care. SD3 was physically abusive towards me.She asked to tell me a secret and I bent down thinking okay sweet she is warming up, instead she ripped out my ear ring, and laughed at me. FDH was at work, that is when I had enough and popped her on the butt put her in the corner and took everything out of her room besides the bed and put her in there for the rest of the night, the little shit ripped down the blinds. That night I packed all of FDH’s belongs and told him to fix her or to leave. He stepped up and started to fully discipline her. She was awful at that point in time, he would ask her to ask me what I wanted to drink for dinner, I would be reading and she would slap me in the face, I took the abuse for several months.

The best advice that I can give to you is that you step up and give your SO an ultimatum and mean it. His Disney Dad parenting is only going to make his son worse towards you and everyone in the family. Right now he is choosing his son over your happiness, and safety. He doesn’t have to choose between loving you or his son, he can parent his son and still love you both, he just has to make the choice.

Also in the eyes of the law, if SS is left in your care by one of the bio parents you have the authority to spank him, not beat but spank. I just wanted to state that before I got taken apart again about popping my SD on the butt.

windee's picture

Ditto to what each of these ladies have said about daycare! DAYCARE!!! DAYCARE!!!! My SS 13 1/2 is supposed to be with his mom for 2 weeks out of the month now (DH has a new job-gone for 2wks each month) and he wants to stay at our house at times and I just don't want him to! Those two weeks, I miss my DH so much, but it is also the time where I can do whatever I want, cook or DONT cook, be the queen of the remote and house, clean the house (and it stays clean), no smelly SS bedroom or bathroom, no whining complaining or yelling! NO irritation!!! It's SOOOOO relaxing!!! Don't watch SS! That is YOUR time! DH can drop off SS and pick him up after work! HE IS THE ONE THAT MISSES HIM AND WANTS TO SEE HIM< NOT YOU!!!

TASHA1983's picture

AMEN!!!!!!!!!! YOU SAID IT SISTER!!!! THEY MISS THEIR KIDS..............NOT US!!!!!!!!!!!! I freakin love that lmbo!!!

Auberry2's picture

Well, SS5 does go to daycare, I work and can't/won't watch him myself. But, even with him going to daycare, FDH is CP, so SS5 is at the house if FDH is, and I live in the same space, and even if I do nothing at all for the child I still have to listen to him. I do watch him on the weekends sometimes if I don't have any other plans, but I am not his sole care provider.

And FDH has started to parent, because I told him I will not live my life being abused by anyone, even a child, so if he loves me he has to start being what his son needs, not what he wants. But, it gets worse before it gets better, because SS5 has never in almost 6 years been parented and he is going ape because of the change in lifestyle he is experiencing right now.

It is hard on all of us right now, but we have to stay the course or it will be worse later. I just wish I could find someone to take him for an entire week, so that I could have a true children free week Smile