You are here

It is the small things that drive me CRAZY!!

hbell0428's picture

Okay.....I did not make this into a huge deal (I didn't even say anything)....but I know some of you will feel me on this.
Yesterday we ate out.....BD12 wanted her FAV sandwich; but DH told her now because it was too expensive - and told the kids to get off the dollar menu - I went to get stuff and realized princess SD14 was aloud to get a flippin sandwich for $4.23 - which I paid for!! But I was told I was not permited to get my BD one?!?!? Does that make sense?

To boot - after this I went to do laundry and pulled out my BS9 WHITE jersey and noticed 3 huge stains on the front. Mind you he hasn't worn it yet! He let Princess SD borrow it for a dance; and this is how I find it!! A 60 dollar shirt ruined. DH asked SD about it and of course it was............"daddy I didn't do that! I only wore it for 2 hours" DH bought it!! So I guess these stains jumped on the shirt?? I know damn well that if BD did that her AS* would be done!!

I know I have to pick my battles and this really isn't one; but it just bugs me so much that DH can't see what a jerk he is!! Ya know!!??

giveitago's picture

DOH!! A $5 lunch is cheap! We do curtail eating out if we have to pinch a penny or two. I'd suggest you BOTH brown bag a lunch and put the money in a jar to buy stuff for the refrigerator to maintain bagged lunches. See if, in fact, it saves any?? Not tried this myself...just a thought that sprang to mind.

mama_althea's picture

Yep. I sort of get it. Although SO doesn't get on my kids' case about anything, my kids do see the inequity.

For example, we go to the grocery store, pinch every penny, compare prices, buy the bargain brand or what's on sale...then he throws in Lunchables for when his daughter comes. 1) Although the name has the word "lunch" in it, by no means is it a decent meal. 2) You can buy an entire box of crackers or bag of chips for the price of one Lunchable, which consists of 4 or 5 crackers and a couple tiny slices of cheese or a handful of tortilla chips and a tablespoon of processed cheese. 3)After I tell my kids they can't have junk food, they see SD eat junk food in the guise of a "lunchable".

Or I tell my kids not to do something and SO lets SD do the same thing.

Telling your own kids that they're building better character or going to grow up to be a better person only goes so far...