You are here

Invisible Children

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Are any of you plagued with Invisible Childen in your home? We have two. "I Don't Know" and "Not Me".

DH: Who dropped chocolate pudding on the floor?
SS12: I Don't Know.
SS16: Not Me. (says the ski with chocolate smears around his mouth from grubbing the pudding straight from the container.)

DH: Who ate the Doritos?
SS16: Not Me.
SS12: I Don't Know. (says the skid with orange lips and fingers and crumbs on his shirt.)

Just curious if anyone else has these poltergeists? They're running rampant in our home and I'd like to get them out...

Happy Friday!

Orange County Ca's picture

They've been multiplying for centuries. An exorcism has been known to help but its usually temporary.

Ha, Not My Turn moved out. My DH picks a skid to do something. If the skid griped that he'd done it last time, DH told the other skid to do the chore, then gave the complaining skid a WORSE one. LOL

AllySkoo's picture

Oh yes, I have these poltergeists as well! Especially "I don't know."

Me: "Why is your sister crying?"
DS5: "I don't know!"
DD2: "He hit me!"

*sigh* I've started going with the assumption that DD2 is always telling the truth - and DS5 gets timeouts for lying AND hitting. He is (thank goodness) starting to understand that he will always get in more trouble for lying!

Lucky you! The only "extra mess" this week was DH's lawnmowing socks left by the back door, but he does this every week. It's one "mess" which I never mind handling!

katielee's picture

We have one of those! All the cookies gone. All the chips. No one knows where they went. Must be a ghost?

Then we get this:

SD12 holding up empty bottle: "Oh look! Somebody drank my cranberry juice! Must have been that ghost."

I text DD20. Did she drink SD's cranberry juice?

Me to SD12: "DD20 says you GAVE her that cranberry juice because you didn't like it."
DH to SD12: "Why did you act like somebody drank it when you gave it to her???"
SD12: "Sorry... I forgot..."

Another example of calling her on all her bullshit. It gets so old.

blayze's picture

Is iForgot another ghost? He goes around stealing memories of kids...except all of the memories related to video game moves or promises that parents make. Wink

tiny kitten's picture

Not a ghost. It's the newest app from Apple. Performs a system restore to the point right before the activity in question, so that when you go searching for the confession, the data isn't there.

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

Is

"UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHH....." a ghost?

We hear his name a lot around here!

Accordn2L's picture

If I ask SD8 if she did something this is what I get...

Blank stare...crickets...que tears and DAAAAADDDDDDDDDYYYYYYYY

I've never put my hands on her yet by asking a simple question she turns on the waterworks. I'm telling you this brat could win an academy award for some of these performances!

Cozy's picture

The crying! Grrrr...SD6 pulls the same shit. I HATE it.

One day I watched out the window as she emptied my spray bottle of vinegar/water solution on our begonias. DH calls her inside and:

¨Why are you spraying the flowers with vinegar?¨
¨But...I wasn't.¨
¨We can see you from the window. Why are you lying?¨
¨Waaaahhhhhhh!¨

I have learned to live with the main bathroom toilet seat NEVER being down. I use the downstairs one when the skids are here because they hate the basement. Really? At 12 and 16?? I was afraid of the basement when I was 5...

Yes! I find it strange. Then again, Lord only knows what's in the basement at BM's house...

SS16 told us in January that they were robbed one night while all were sleeping. Someone just kicked in the back door (which accesses basement stairwell. What?? NO ONE heard the door get KICKED IN?! Anyways, the thief stole games and a tv. BM and Mr. Pinhead (her hub) didn't seem at all concerned. Huh?!?!

For some reason, this just struck me as very weird.

jumanji's picture

My ghosts are friends with the crazy people who live with me - 84 & 85. Count your blessings.