You are here

Introducing myself

minnie 22's picture

Hi everyone.
I've only just signed onto this site today after trawling through google to find somewhere where people may understand what i'm going through.
I'm 22, my boyfriend is 25 and his ex is due to have his baby any day now. We've only been together 5 months (although dating for a bit longer) but I know what a strain this is going to be on our relationship. His ex is also with somebody else.
Things are already a bit pear shaped. My partner isn't allowed at the birth (which I do think is understandable) because her new boyfriend is going. We see alot of her new boyfriend as he comes in the gym where we both work. There's also a bit of drama re paternity testing which will be great fun i'm sure...
I know i'm young, there's plenty of men out there I could be with that don't have this baggage, etc etc, but I really want to be with him and i'm willing to give it a good shot.
I'm looking forward to getting to know the people on this forum.
Thanks for reading!
M. x

jojo68's picture

Hi Minnie and welcome......you definately will have some drama coming your way. It sounds like you really love your BF and love can pull you through. Hopefully all will work out and baby mama drama will be minimal. Best of luck to you and keep us updated!

distorted reality's picture

Hi and welcome. I too hope for your sake that the baby is the other guys. Fingers crossed and I'm lighting a candle for you. Smile

krenee86's picture

Hi Minnie, welcome. I'm new to this site as well and I am also 22 years old. My fiance has a 3yr old son. It is not easy and people tell me that same thing all the time. "stop complaining and move on, your young you can find someone better without the baggage" and just like you I said "no, I want this one". Our situations are a little different his son lives with us full time and his ex doesn't have a boyfriend.

minnie 22's picture

Thank you, so nice to speak to other people in similar situations.
His ex thought her waters had broken yesterday morning, didnt update my boyfriend until about 8.30pm to say she was 1cm dilated and if she hadn't had the baby overnight she would be induced at 8am this morning. He still hasn't heard anything from her, poor man! It's driving me mad so god knows how it must feel for him.
Had a little bit of a cry yesterday but feeling somewhat okay today... for now... eeek!

minnie 22's picture

my BF was friends with him before he got together with this girl. They had a little chat and are on okay terms but i've kept out of it for the time being, I think it's best to stay out the way for now.

tofurkey's picture

Hi Minnie. I'm fairly new to this site, but welcome! It's such a huge relief to have someone to talk to about this stuff, and the people that are on here are AWESOME! Yes, you do have a long road ahead of you. I too heard the same thing when I first got with my husband. But, I knew he was the one for me, and everything great in life is worth working for.

I as well will keep my fingers crossed for you that it's the other bf's! Smile