You are here

interesting??? What to do?

purpledaisies's picture

A while back I posted the the skids did not want to put their laundry away and threw a fit about it. Then said that they would bring their clothes from their moms so they don't have to do anything but wear them and stuff them back in their bag and bm will do it for them.

So I got rid of ALL their clothes here every last item! I bought then anyway. Including all their swim trunks.

Here is the prob. they want to go swimming at the local pool that requires swim truck and not regular shorts. They did not bring their swim trunks. LOL

My question now is this should I take them or not? I will be taking my ds and dd. Or should buy them new trunks? I don't want too at all considering the big stink they made.

briarmommy's picture

I wouldn't buy them new trunks, they said they would bring from bm's and they didn't. This is the way they will learn there lesson. If they want to swim bring trunks or be willing to put things in the laundry.

Jsmom's picture

You started this punishment, you have to hold to it. Otherwise they will learn nothing.

However, I do disagree with getting rid of all their clothes. Honestly, I do everyones laundry and only condition is they put it away and bring it down to the laundry room when I ask for it. I prefer it this way to them using my laundry room. They do as asked because DH is up their butt until it is down. They are no even allowed to turn on their tvs until their clothes are put away.

You went down this road with the lesson, now you have to finish it. Don't replace the clothes and maybe they will learn the lesson. But, seriously is this the sword you want to die on? Me I would do their laundry and find something else for them to do...

poisonivy's picture

This was their decision and now they need to live with the consequences. Next time, they'll bring their swim trunks.

They didn't want to put away their own laundry? Neither do I but we all have to do things we don't want to do. I don't blame you for getting rid of the clothes.

Zoie's picture

Well I'm of the era that if I do for one I do for all. So that said I could not take my kids swimming and not take my Skids..I just could not do that...

Maybe have Skids call BM to bring them their swim tunks and if she says NO then she can be the bad guy... }:)

jojo68's picture

You guys are not going to like my answer but to keep peace just get them some cheap swimwear to swim in and be done with it. I would try to get them to do their part with the laundry but you can only do what you can do and try..the rest is up to them. That is what I would do for my own children as well. I am a peacemaker and a pushover though so that is why I feel this way too. My SD doesn't respect or listen to anyone...let alone me so I just go with the flow...keeps me from being the bad guy for the most part.

purpledaisies's picture

First I want to say I did not make any choices for them they made that choice it was all their idea to bring clothes from their moms. I was just upset that day b/c they threw a fit about having to put their clothes away. I told them that I wash them and fold them the least they could do is put them up. Plus I told them that MY kids do their own laundry from start to finish and they don't have to do that. When they said they would bring their clothes form their moms their dad said ok that is fine with me. I just went with it. I told them that if they were going to do that then there was no need to keep their clothes and have them sit when the boy across the street could use them. So they packed them all up and gave them to him. I did not do it they did.

I talked to dh about it and he wants to buy new trucks I am kinda upset by this as they are not learning anything. I am going b/c I have had a bad few days with my dd and she said she wanted to go with me to spend some time together. SO I AM GOING!!

purpledaisies's picture

Their mom said no.... then she called dh! :sick: really i hate this women. I explained it to dh and told ss's their options and they choose to call their mom. They did end up borrowing a pair from our neighbor. i made them go ask by themselves!

purpledaisies's picture

no bm called dh! The ss's called bm to bring them their trunks and bm called dh b/c she was mad and said I should just buy them some! I refuse to buy them dh can but NOT ME!

roseslady2's picture

I wouldn't take them and I'd stick by that decision. You don't have to do anything for them, much less buy them clothes. If they forgot it, then they'll have to suffer.

purpledaisies's picture

We are back, dd had to be at work so we didn't stay too long. We stayed for 2 1/2 hours. We got our tan on!!! My and dd hung out and talked and tanned! Smile Smile Smile

I made them do it themselves if they wanted to go they had to find a pair themselves So they asked our neighbor whom they gave their clothes to in the first place if they could borrow a pair. Which was theirs to begin with. LOL