You are here

Inlaw Fight Night

Craving Normality's picture

I am going to try and make this as quick as possible.

Saturday night I went to a pub with about 10 friends to listen to a band. SO (BIO4 father) was working. Friends of mine babysat.

After the band finished, SO brothers long term of 12 years gf starts trying to fight with me. She pulled my hair, shoved me and carried on. I have never been in a fight in my life and I looked at her and said What the Fuck are you doing, Fuck Off. We haven't been friends for a long time due to her being a cow and she just came up to me out of the blue.

At the time when I refused to fight her I thought I was doing the right thing, I have never ever been in a physical fight in my life. She and her entourage got kicked out of the venue and had to move on whereas I got to stay with my friends and enjoy the night. I was shellshocked however.

The next day my inlaws called me a drama queen because I told SO about it and he got incredibly mad.

Weird or what?
Am I a coward?

I am not sure. We have had issues for years. We don't even acknowledge eachother when at SO's mums house so I was quite surprised she decided to have a go at me that night. I don't think there was any catalyst.

Classy, that's what I thought. Horrendous for me to be involved in a bitch fight. But maybe I should have just hit her, I don't know. But they are calling me the drama queen lol.

Yes. He saw his mother and sister the next day and told them the story. They said I should get over it and stop being a drama queen.

NoOnesMomma's picture

I don't do violence. This drama queen would have called the police and filed charges. What's going to stop her from doing it again and again. Actions have consequences.

hereiam's picture

Of course, you would tell your SO, why does that make you a drama queen?

What a classy bunch. Maybe somebody should kick their asses.

MAHM-mami's picture

Wtf? So you should get over the fact that she attacked you? Apparently it wasn't a highlight of the night and you shouldn't have mentioned it to SO? Wow

ChiefGrownup's picture

Cray cray. Flee from cray cray. Put a moat between you and these people. Your dh sounds like a good bloke but there's now a moat between you and all the rest of the clan.

Disneyfan's picture

Works for me.

Put your hands on me and all bets are off. I grew up in and still live in the hood. I only call the cops for major stuff. I would have beat the crap out of that chick.

Rags's picture

No, you are not a coward. Do not hesitate, press charges, put her ass in jail and any time your ILs open their idiot mouths bare their idiot asses as low class for supporting that skank.

However, next time, rip our her eyes and piss on her brain (Figuratively of course). Getting their asses kicked is often the one thing idiots like BILs GF understand and doing it in self defense just bares her ass that much more.

Stormyweather's picture

Jerrriii.... Jerrriiiii...... Jerrriiii!!

I know this is belated but I wanted to thank everyone for responding to my post.

As an update, I am not talking to any inlaws or their spouses.

I hope there is not a repeat performance but if there is I will press charges. I am a grandmother, a mother and aunt etc, I honestly feel now is not the time to start throwing punches. However, I was very entertained by the suggestions. Thanks