You are here

Immature and childish BM, OSD and of course DH's sister

Disillusioned's picture

So after my last post about the bridal shower 'conference call' with BM, OSD and DH's sister (this is the bridal shower I got conned into holding with them, I suspect because OSD thought if I participated in it I wouldn't hold one on my own for YSD, AND they could use this to further their relational aggression AND of course get me to split the costs with them etc.. etc...) anyway, not something I can back out of at this point however, what a joke

So first of all, I suspected OSD was trying to set me up to look stupid (and oh how right I was) too bad I'm smarter than her and beat her at her own game

After that disorganized call, in which was mostly OSD, BM and DH's sister laughing and reminiscing between themselves (intent to make me uncomfortable of course) some tasks were 'assigned'. For mine, OSD was supposed to send me the names and addresses of a couple places to check out. She even said at the end of the call that she would email me the info that night. Of course she didn't. She was counting on embarrassing me at Conference Call Two today, after BM and DH's sister could give a great update of the task they emphasized they were doing "together" OSD thought she would swing it on to me and ask how I made out

I very clearly (and oh so sweetly) said to her that I wasn't sure if she was planning on sending me the addresses and info that she said she would or not, but in the meantime, yes here is what I checked out. I had so much information that it was obvious I was on top of it all despite their crap, not to mention, they hadn't so much as told me the time of the conference call today!

Even before this, when I first called in, it was just OSD and BM on the line. As soon as I was conferenced in, they began talking about something related to OSD, not taking a breath to even acknowledge I was on the line, not so much as even hello. Wow, they are oh so classy and mature. Especially when they have ZERO reason to act this way! Not like I have ever given them reason. Just the fact I breathe is obviously enough for them

The best revenge I find, is to look my best, act my best, be on top of everything to the point they look incompetent, and just carry on oblivious to their pokes, hatred, and immaturity. Outshine them with a bright smile on my face and more class and genius than the three of them can muster together

It's gotten so old and boring to me now, the popcorn is way more exciting then their same old same old drama

notsurehowtodeal's picture

I'm afraid this is not going to end the way you think it is. I keep getting the impression you think they are going to have this "aha" moment where they suddenly realize you were on to them the whole time and they will be impressed with how "good" you were at handling the situation. It doesn't matter what you do, they are going to find fault with it. Somehow, someway, this is going to end badly for you.

You can be assured that as soon as the conference call ends there is a second conference call that does not include you.

I don't know why you agreed to this in the first place. Now that it is going the way it is I don't understand why you don't just stop being involved. What do you have to gain?

Disillusioned's picture

You know sueu2, I really shouldn't even read your posts let alone respond to them. You are so far off base it's laughable. You know absolutely NOTHING about my situation, or even WHY I accepted. How dare you tell me why I accepted. Seriously. Totally useless response from you...and unless you actually know what's going on - keep your opinions, "facts" and statements to yourself please. I'm not interested

Disillusioned's picture

I will stick to the shower Sally because 1/ I said I would, 2/ I refuse to coward away from the bullies 3/because YSD is counting on me, and she deserves no less

Hey, I have lots of practice dealing with nutcases looking to pick on someone - just go on to StepTalk LOL

Actually, I'm having some fun with all this. And yes - I will continue to look as best I can, do an awesome job on 'my' areas of the shower, and ignore all their petty infantile shit

The last thing I'm going to do is go scurrying away and allowing them to dictate what I do

Best thing I can do is carry on with class and show them up just by acting like a normal mature human being

Disillusioned's picture

I guess I don't really care how these women act, or what they think of me. That's their business. I'm not afraid of them, I'm not hurt by their behaviour, but boy am I getting a good laugh about it all. And they will not dictate what I do or don't do.

Disillusioned's picture

Exactly Sally....third conference all on the weekend LOL, get the popcorn ready!

SMto2's picture

Sadly, these people are setting you up to fail, and there's not much you can do about it. I disagree that you should back out, as that would give them the satisfaction that they did accomplish hurting you and would cause a rift in the family that they would surely spin to be about "you" having issues. I agree you can't win in this situation, but it doesn't seem to me there's a way to bow out gracefully. I'd just do my best to do my assigned tasks and stay on the fringe of the planning if possible. And definitely keep this in mind if there every IS a next time!!