You are here

If Dh was a Disney dad with the steps does he parent that way with kids you have together?

Honeybadger's picture

Hi all,
For those of you who entered step life childless, and have step kids from Dh and then had bios with Dh, I am wondering, does he parent them the same? I have read that a lot of the Disney dad parenting faux paus that aggravate us smoms so much is due to the guilt or emotional strife that our Dh's went through with their first marriage, etc, and wanting to make the skids happy after the divorce. Therefore, do these behaviors end with the second go round, or do Dhs tend to parent the skids one way and the bios another? I would love to hear everyone's experience.

Of course every couple, family, and relationship is different, I am just curious as to everyone else's experience is. Dh and I have decided to have children together so I am very curious. He has made great strides in his parenting style in the last three years. I met him after a two year pas filled custody battle for his two boys so he hadn't had the opportunity to parent for a long time, and had never parented without helicopter bm. Now we have 50/50 custody of ss11 and ss8, rules, chores and a lot of fun. I am so looking forward to our bios but know there are many additional dynamics to consider and I want to be prepared.