You are here

If anyone sees my mind can you please send it back to me?

stepmom008's picture

Well, yet another weekend of semi-drama. I got home Friday night and BF asked me about when I took SD9 out Christmas shopping. We were in a store and I was going to send her to grab some tape. She informed me that she didn't think she was allowed to go by herself so I told her she's not a baby and I would be able to see her anyway. In any case, we didn't get tape and I didn't think anything else of it. Well apparently Supermom had a HUGE problem with this (because she feels the need to pump her for information when SD's with her) so he was asking to make sure that I wasn't going to send her somewhere where I couldn't see her. I told him of course not but I didn't see how it was a big deal. Obviously I'm not going to set her loose in Walmart but she's not 3. She can be trusted (or so I thought) to handle these small tasks on her own in a smaller store. The problem is they treat her like a baby - she's never given the opportunity to prove herself. She's perfectly capable when she's with me but not with them because they do everything for her. Plus with the size store that we were in, I would have been able to see her and all entrances and exits so if someone tried to nab her, she would have screamed and I would have seen her. Well Supermom sent an email saying that under no circumstances am I to let her out of my sight, blah blah blah. So I flipped out on him because I'm annoyed with how he treats her plus he was taking BM's side. I went to bed and the next morning I apologized for flipping out and he apologized for taking her side. Turns out he and I are totally on the same page about this but according to him, what it boils down to is BM being insecure and threatened by me so any move I make is going to cause a huge problem with her. I think the whole thing is ridiculous. She finds something to bitch about whether I'm disengaged OR I'm doing things with her. Does the nightmare ever end? UGH!

On another note, I spent the whole weekend crocheting Barbie clothes so I'm half bald from ripping my hair out. Actually, some of them are fairly easy so if that's something anyone's interested in, let me know and I can send (or post) the patterns Smile Merry Christmas, Steptalkers!!

atleastnotalone's picture

I think your mind might be in the same place as mine but I also have not seen it for a while .. hopefully they will come back someday!

Wow, your situation sounds EXACTLY like mine. I so feel for you. I know what its like to try your best yet always later be treated like you are a the worst person on earth. As I am sure like me you feel this is a hopeless situation because she is going to keep getting info from the SD (when my step kids get back to their Horrible BM she knows everything .. and I mean everything we do .. said ... went .. it amazes me the details she knows (I often say .. does she want a know when I take a crap too?) I would love to be a fly on the wall when this is happening because I don't get why or how she questions the kids to that detail. I picture her sitting the kids down at one of the questioning tables like on CSI and shinning a bit light on them making them sweat and spill their guts!

One time we were in a hotel .. we have 3 kids altogther and they are very mature and stay together always. Well .. they are 10(mine), 12, 14 .. well I guess when we were getting ready in hotel room they got on the elevator to find ice on a different floor. Now we were in a very exclusive hotel and has a guard at the elevators .. you have to show your key even to ride up. OMG .. when we got home It was like I sent them into Bagdad in Iraq. First, they are plently old enough to do that by themselves .. they left without telling us .. I am not their BM or BF and he was there also. BUT, it was all MY fault and she was screaming say she didn't want them around me because I put them indanger.

Just realize this is not going to get any better .. but you are not alone!! And, it is not you .. she is the jealous piece of crap or must be unhappy or have no life or she would not care what you do. That is the way I think about it. I am really happy and busy in my life so when my son is with his dad and Step mom I don't care what they are doing and never ask. If she is asking that means she is miserable and has no life so this is her only way to control anything.

Hang in there!!

JennAnna

stepmom008's picture

I often wonder about the questioning too. It's like, she's young enough now where BM can get away with it but I always wonder how the wording goes. And you're right - she is a miserable jealous piece of crap. She's one of these people that's never happy and never will be. Thank god, I'm not anything like her. I don't know how people live like that!

"There are two things over which you have complete dominion, authority, and control over - your mind and your mouth".

MarriedwithChild's picture

Stepmom008...I almost went through the same exact crap this weekend also, in between one bratty ss5, one sucker of a dh, one bm who just "calls" for no valid reason...(see my post)

My advice to anyone going through this today is just try to "chill"...No matter what it takes. I'm boiling this morning.

Who do these BM's think they are?! Like we HAVE to watch and feed their kids! ugh.

stepmom008's picture

I guess I should stop trying to understand b/c I think it's a losing battle but I just don't get what these BM's are thinking? It just doesn't make any sense. There's no need to be spiteful and crazy, YOU'RE their mother, I'm not. Guess who it's harder for?

"There are two things over which you have complete dominion, authority, and control over - your mind and your mouth".

The BM are delusional because they think their Bio kids are So great everyone wants them. If I never saw them another day in my life it would be too soon .. I don't want to be their mommy .. you can have them so don't sweat it BM!

MarriedwithChild's picture

I agree with you all completely! I don't want or even need to be their, "mommy." I have my own thank you, and my son of 18 years has never been an ingrate brat. In fact, he leaves on a mission to Kenya next year and helped organize an entire toy drive in metro Atlanta. Pretty good considering how he hardly grew up getting everything he wanted and losing his dad to cancer at age 15...Why does everyone feel sooooo sorry for some of these brats? Beats me.

I don't want your kid! I only wanted a "thank you", once in a blue moon. Teach these kids some manners for pete's sake! sheesh.

That also seems to be an onrunning theme with all these posts .. the Step Brats are so rude and ungrateful. I have a 13 year old and I would slap him silling if he acted the way my SKs do. I think in every post it is exaclty the same .. no thank you .. rude comments .. a sense they are owed. How does that happen?? My son thanks me for every little thing I do and I am his BM .. I have no choice. .. let alone a complete stranger you are taking care of.

The BM teach these kids no manners!! SICK!

stepmom008's picture

OMG - he's at it again. Asking SD where she would like things to be put, she directs him and he FREAKIN DOES IT. Ugh - I am insane with annoyance/anger right now. And just wait, when I ask her to put the Christmas wrapping paper away that she got out, 10 bucks says he puts it away.

Nemo's picture

BM one time, had to come over to my car and make sure that SD5 carseat was put in properly! And then she looked at me and said "Please drive safe with my baby in your car" I smiled at her, and said, "No problem sweetheart!" Ha... Should have seen her face... Priceless!