You are here

I wish I had ONE DAY of not having to B*tch about something!

frustratedmom's picture

Yes you read my headline, I am stuck on not knowing what to do, back in Jan. my lazy future SS moved in with us. I let him take the room upstairs because my own 2 children have their rooms downstairs and, my son didn't want my Future SS sharing a room with him. At first he kept his room all nice and clean and, now each day I find left over food left on plates that he has taken in there the night before, or sugar drinks that are full sitting on the floor. This attracts ants in our home, we have been having a problem with them due to us living by a creek.

I have told him more than once to please pick up your drinks, food and the kid just doesn't listen. Everyday I find something that he has done wrong in this house therefore, each and every day he gives me something to b*itch about. I wish there was one day that I wouldn't have a day to complain to his father about what his brat does.

So what is a parent to do?? I feel like I should just start going in there every morning after his lazy butt is off to school and clean and pick it up THE WAY I LIKE! and if he gets pissed off, oh freakin well, then he'll know how pissed off I have been each day LOL!

myna's picture

If he is a teenager you can`t do anything. We have a 16year old in the house and she is a girl. Her room is always in mess, I used to clean it up sometimes, FH used to do it too. She remembers sometimes too, maybe once in 5months, but she is constantly leaving food and empty bottles in her room. By the way she knows her room is a mess and she even used to joke about it. Telling him anything won`t help. In that age they don`t hear you. My advice ignore it or try to give him some small money if he cleans up

Wells's picture

I have never been one to really care about the kids/skids rooms unless things were starting to smell. Lol. If they want to keep THEIR room that way, so what? They have been taught to keep the rest of the house very clean. I am a clean freak, kind of.

If they are really bad, I just the doors shut and make them pick up every so often.

BUT, BUT, BUT…They are NOT allowed to take any food or drink, besides water, into their rooms. EVER!! That is a no no in my house. No reason to have food in your bedroom at all. I suggest you start that rule first off. If he does not take food to his room, then he can’t forget it and leave it in there.

If he still takes it to his room, then your DH needs to come up with some serious consequences for the boy. I don’t care how old they are, if they live in my house, they will do as I say.

Lillie's picture

My SD is 16 and and in the dead heat of summer last year she left a giant bowl of cherry pits in her room. The smell was horrendous and we of course had a massive attack of fruit flies. Anyway, going into his room to clean it everyday, your way, may help if he doesn't like his privacy invaded.

Greenfig's picture

Makes me think that we should have an icon on Steptalk that's a fly buzzing over a pile of something. I have seen it on other forums. Maybe I can put that into the forum suggestions?