You are here

I think my upcoming wedding is making BM lose her mind! She is INSANE!

DISbelief's picture

It never fails... there is always drama... ALWAYS.

So, it was our weekend with the kids, naturally we would take them to school on Monday morning for the first day. Let me back up... Friday night was meet the teacher night, we went... texted BM told her when and where to meet us. I got there a little early and found out what classes all the kids are in. BM only has ONE child to concern herself with... we have THREE. On our way to our oldest daughters class we passed by SS's class... a note on the door said she would not be there for the night, and she would see us all on Monday. BM lives about 20 minutes away from the school. I texted her and told her his teacher wasn't there, her name and her room number. NEVER said don't come... NEVER said we wouldn't see her. SO... off we go to the other 2 kids classes. BM texts back "I am here anyways, where are you?" to that I said "In BD7's class, I will be over there in a few minutes". Literally 5 minutes later we walked to SS's \class so he could see his mom for a minute. She wasn't there... she was supposed to be bringing us his backpack and lunch box for the first day of school... I called her, she had left. She then asked if she could come tuck him in on Sunday night... um, NO...she had every intention of being there Monday morning for the first day of school... she can wish him luck then. She does NOT need to be in our home, interrupting OUR family time. FH told her no.

Moving forward, Sunday night she calls me, I tell her what time we are leaving our house, we are going to BD7's class first... if we are NOT as SS's class when you get there we will be at CLASSROOM NUMBER.... it is on the very NORTH side of the school... you can meet us there. I thought that was pretty helpful... ???

Monday morning... 725... no BM... 730...no BM... 740... NO BM (school starts @ 750) 745... STILL no BM. FH was in class with SS (he is in the 1st grade) I was in line for BD6's class... he comes over and gets in line with me "his teacher is shutting the door, BM never showed" oh well. FH grabbed the emergency card packet off SS's desk and we went about our business... still in line for BD's class BM FINALLY storms down the hall looking like she just rolled out of someones bed... (totally embarassing) yelling "they changed the classroom numbers, Friday THAT was room 107".. I calmly said "no, that is room 107" pointing to the classroom directly behind the one she was referring to. She ran off... FH then shouted down the hall "his door is already shut"... SO... when we get back to our car FH had text messages from BM asking if she was too late, and I am on my way... blah blah blah... she wasn't lost because of a room number she was LATE, as usual. WHATEVER, her loss.

THEN... yesterday FH gets a text "I am turning in emergency card info tomorrow" he replied "dont bother SM already did it, she included your mom as a contact" OMG, you would have thought I just changed his birth certificate to my name. She has since then gone completely bolistic. Texting me, telling me I discouraged her from going there on Friday, and Monday... WHAT???????? Seriously? She is crazy!

It has even gotten to the point that she is not "allowing" ss to go the the gate where we HAVE to pick him up from (because of the grades of the other kids we have to pick up) she wants him at the front gate on her days, and she doesn't care where he goes on our days... well that's great. He is 6, do you think he is going to remember to go to a different gate every 2 days?? It's too confusing. What are we going to do, have his teacher learn our custody schedule... it flip flops every week. She is so completely selfish it makes me want to spit in her face. How did I know she picked up a packet? There was ONE sitting on his desk, his dad picked it up when the teacher said "parents make sure you grab the packet on the kids desks before you leave"... She is so insecure it is insane... I HATE the first week of school... it is always something. Oh.. and he has been late everyday since he has been at her house. 3rd day of school and she can't roll her lazy a$$ outta bed to get him to school on time. She has NO business being a mother. Don't even get me started on how she wants to put him in counseling because of all of this. The funny thing is, he is so well adjusted to having TWO homes... like SUPER adjusted... SHE is the one that has issues with it, SHE is the one that needs counseling. FH thinks it is because we are getting married in 17 days... I think she is just plain NUTS. She pulls something like this EVERY YEAR. Even getting him kicked out of a school before.

DISbelief's picture

This is the first time she has mentioned counseling... but it is NOT the first time she has claimed that he isn't adjusting well. It is so crazy because he is such a good kid, and I love him so much. My whole family does. Everyone treats ALL of the kids as though they are BIO. Maybe @ her house something is going on that he is not ok with, but when he is with us, he is a happy, silly, well behaved well adjusted kid.

We didn't tell her the date... SOMEONE did though... not sure who. Whatever... she can take a long walk off a short pier for all I care. Or like I told her yesterday, GO PLAY IN TRAFFIC!!

Thanks for the well wishes! I am excited!

DISbelief~

~You have to BE crazy to UNDERSTAND crazy!~ ; )

Stick's picture

You guys did everything right and BM was too wrapped up in her selfish stupid ways to take care of her own children.

Your BM sounds a LOT like BM over here. A LOT. Always late, but never really doing anything to account for it. Just taking her own time in her own world, and then blaming everyone else for the problems her lateness causes.

In my opinion, I think you should consider counseling for your stepson because it may seem as though he is adjusting well, but I'm sure that BM's antics are having an effect on him. I can't say enough how I wish DH and I did this sooner with SD. She too, seemed like she was ok with the divorce, but in reality, she wasn't.

Please look up this link. I put it on another of my blogs, too, if you want to refer there.

http://www.geocities.com/zpg1957/narcissists.htm

It sounds like your BM could fit this, as does ours.

Would you ever consider going for custody?

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!! How exciting!! Smile

Orange County Ca's picture

You pick the kid up at the gate BM wants to use. But don't tell her that because she'll switch it again.

That little tidbit is not worth fighting over. Believe me the kid will figure her out in good time. Meanwhile you fight only those battles worth fighting and if you get your ego out of it there will be very little fighting.

Wait!!!! Ease off. I'm not saying you're egotistical or wrong. I'm saying if you consciously decide that she is not worth your time you can let the petty stuff slide off. You are the adult here.

DISbelief's picture

But since I have to pick up a kindergarten student we will be on the OTHER side of campus. They only let the little ones out when they see there parent or ride... for safety reasons. So if we let him go to the other gate, I won't be able to make it over there to get him. he would be standing there FOREVER... the way the school has it set up is pretty stupid, but it is what it is... and I can't change it. If it was just a matter of being the bigger person, we would do so... it is a matter of THERE IS NO OTHER CHOICE FOR US.

DISbelief~

HummingBirdHunny's picture

"Always late, but never really doing anything to account for it. Just taking her own time in her own world, and then blaming everyone else for the problems her lateness causes."

Stick, Disbelief...the above comment also sounds like the BM I deal with.

I agree you should take SS to counseling though. Or maybe have DH talk to the school counselor and see what he/she has to say. SD used to talk to the school counselor about issues that were going on mostly at BM's but on occasion here at home also. Good luck hon. I hope things get better.

Congrats on your wedding. I am sure it will be a wonderful and beautiful event/day!

DISbelief's picture

We will consider the counseling... it is true that there may be things going on over there that are affecting him. The thing that bothers me is she called and wanted to do "family counseling"... and asked FH if he wanted to go. Which would be fine with me if we felt like FAMILY COUNSELING was what is in order. I think maybe counseling for just SS is better suited, she can go get her own if she needs it. I don't want her in there telling the counselor "how SS feels". It would be onesided and complete waste of energy for SS. Does that make sense?

DISbelief~