You are here

As I roll my eyes..

memyselfandi's picture

SD14 has skin issues. Eczema for the most part. "Mommy" pulls her out of school constantly every time her skin breaks out, to the point of truancy.

Last year she got lucky and Social Services let it go for the time being. This year SD KNEW she had to go to school, but it started all over again when Mommy Dearest felt sorry enough for her to pull her out again for days..and sometimes several because she was broken out again.

Good Lord!!

Well, her MD suggested homeschooling, which would have been great. Yet Mom and her hubby went to the school and actually pulled her out. While the school told them they couldn't do that, they did it anyway. For a bit they allowed her to do her homework at home and submit it; yet now they have refused to release her homework.

Bottom line, I believe that there may be a truancy issue brewing...if not more.

As I'm shaking my head at the entire scenario, I'm thinking, "Why the hell would you pull her out of school if you didn't have some sort of homeschooling forum in place??"

But they didn't.

I really don't know why I'm so surprised as they're just not follow through people. While their child suffers because they won't send her to school so she has to deal with a simple skin breakouts, they're encouraging her to run and hide whenever she has any sort of issue.

Definitely not the way I'd raise a child, but having none of my own..what the heck do I know??

It's called Common Sense..something I have regarding kids, yet some people with kids just don't have a clue.

I get along well with Mom and Grandma, yet I know they tell the skids that I'm not used to having kids around. Yeah..okay.

The bottom line is that I don't need to have children of my own to know what's right or wrong regarding raising them.

And this whole school scenario is just plain wrong!! You can't just send your loud mouthed hubby into the school and demand his SD's homework..it doesn't work that way!!

However, THEY think it does.

They were going to hold her back a few years ago because she wasn't in school enough, yet loud mouthed step Daddy went in again, blew his gasket, and got her passed.

They don't pass a child for a REASON, yet his loud mouth got her through.

While they claim she's getting straight A's...is she really..or are they just passing her because they don't want to deal with the BS??

How can a child that never studies get straight A's in the first place when she doesn't even crack a book?? When she's off from school she spends all her time on YouTube.

Her school offered to work with her when her skin was broken out and let her sit in the office and do her studies there; yet she blew the heck out of that one while again, spending all her time texting friends, and the rest of it on YouTube.

She was so truant a few years ago that Social Services stepped in. Luckily they got a warning and she went to school every single day after that..

Until the warning wore off and Mom started calling her in again..for days on end. The last time I saw my SD..she hadn't gone to school in almost two weeks.

Luckily she's not my blood daughter as I wouldn't put up with this crap of not going to school just because you're broken out!! She's 14 and at that age..how many kids are growing into acne, zits, and whatever their skin produces!! She's not special in her issues with eczema and the kids at her school think less of her for hardly being there..much less wondering if she's suffering from more than eczema...

I can't teach her otherwise though..and believe me, I've tried while telling her that irregardless what her skin looks like..someone else's is probably worse. I told her that she needs to push through it; that she's beautiful; and if she just forgets about what her skin looks like, people will love her for her.

Was great for a bit, but as soon as she went home..HELL..everything I told her went right out the window and it was like beating a dead horse.

I'm done with it..really done. I'm not the Mom anyway..just the friend.

Oh well, I'll survive.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Hugs to all for that!!

SugarSpice's picture

its a gender and power bias. nothing we can do about it. the cultural myth of the wicked sm is engrained.