You are here

I really want a mothers ring

Unappreciatedwifeandmother's picture

I have 3 boys, I also have 3 ss. The oldest I haven't seen since Xmas, who isn't my husbands bio son but took him as his own. 
Is it appropriate to put skids on a mothers ring? My mom has one with my step sister on hers, but their BM got upset so she quit wearing it.

knucklehead's picture

I did... I had a necklace that had my bios and the step I raised.

My jewelry was NONE of BM's business.

bi's picture

i personally wouldn't include them. i want a mother's ring too, and i am not putting sd's stone in it. she is not my child. i didn't raise her. i don't even like her. someday you and dh may decide to divorce. how would you feel about having ss's stones in your ring if that happened? hopefully it never does, but i still would keep it only about your own kids.

dledden's picture

me too! I want a mother's ring with my 2 kids stones in it, but know I could never get one because fiancee would insist on ss8's stone being in it, or at the least he would be hurt and offended that i didn't include his son in the ring. It would end up a no win situation in my case, as I too don't even like stepson!

knucklehead's picture

This

Disneyfan's picture

For me it would depend on who is paying for the ring. If mom pays for the ring, then it's her call. If dad pays, he gets to decide.

purpledaisies's picture

To dinseyfan..even IF dad pays and he insist on the skids on the ring that doesn't mean sm has to wear it now does she?

I want one too and I will only put my kids on it as I only gave birth to 2 kids not 5.

LilyBelle's picture

If you consider yourself their mother, include them in the ring.

It's your jewelry, it has meaning for you. No one else has the right to an opinion about it, unless you give them that right.

Stepmom156's picture

I agree. IDK about anyone else, but I never have to deal with the bm of my sd11. It depends on the circumstances, but I feel like my sd11 is just as much mine as anyone's. I am the one who is there for her, the one who teaches her things and so on and so forth. If bm were to disappear, i'd adopt her. If you want to do it do it, if you don't don't. Your choice.

purpledaisies's picture

After thinking about it from a bm I would not be too happy if sm out my kids stones on a mother ring as it is intended to show those are your kids. It would symbolize that sm over stepped in MY opinion. So no I will not put my skids on my mothers ring.

Dh are sitting here talking about too and he agrees with me. YAY me.

unbelieveable's picture

I'd make this your decision - you don't have to give birth to a child to be their mom. Do you love them? DO they know that? Do they consider you a "mother-figure" in their lives? Then do it...if not - just do your bios.