You are here

I live with stupidity every day

Elizabeth's picture

And I think I have a low tolerance for stupid. SD is stupid ALL the time, and husband has his stupid moments as well.

Husband has been working late hours with tax season. Which leaves me at home with SD15's attitude. Last night she was on BDs 4 and 1 for every little thing. BD1 walked between SD (on her backside on the couch) and the TV and SD yelled at her. BD4 went to answer the phone when it rang and SD yelled at her.

Then came the crap with dinner. I made dinner, which BDs and I ate. SD didn't like what I made, of course. And I catch her putting my frozen dinner (I buy one Weight Watchers meal a week for that day when I just don't have time to make my lunch) in the microwave. I make her put it back in the freezer and she starts ranting about not having anything to eat. Here is a short list of what was available last night: hot dogs, chicken nuggets, eggs, waffles, spicy chicken strips, soup, lunch meat and cheese, pb&j. But because SD couldn't have the frozen dinner she got mad.

Anyway, husband called from work about that time. I asked him to speak to SD about her attitude but he wouldn't. So I sent her to her room. Husband finally got home last night at 8:15. He's worked long days for the past week and is tired. So what does he do? Takes SD to Walmart (after 9:15 pm, when he should be in bed because he's exhausted).

They come home with frozen pizzas. This morning I discover that SD has written her name across the front of them, like they are hers. Excuse me, we bought them, if I want to eat them (which I don't), I will. I wanted to slap her silly, then slap my husband for letting her do that. No way I would have "labeled" food in my parents' home that my parents purchased. Stupidity all around.

Elizabeth's picture

Come on over for cheap frozen pizza and a major attitude!

I was tempted to take at least one (there are two) to my BDs daycare for their lunch. It's so not worth being petty, but it's so ridiculous!

SD actually said to me, "I didn't know I had to ask" to eat food. I wanted to reply:
* Come up with another stupid excuse. That one has worn thin over six years of use.
* What you don't know could fill a book.
* What you don't know is not my problem.

But again, no use. SD eats everything in the house that is not nailed down, and suddenly she's claiming certain food? I don't think so!

ejamer's picture

Oh god, it's the same house like mine! My DH used to drive all over the place late at night when he finished work to please and feed his poor SD child now SD adult monster! My DH was so Disney dad. DH gets now that he made a big mistake and is now paying the price for a monster daughter who makes our life miserable. I am sure it will all implodeĀ  - hopefully, I will be on a vacation somewhere when it does and god willing SD will go back to her BM where they can both live in misery together.

Elizabeth's picture

Our neighborhood garage sale is this weekend, and SD will be there! Wonder how much money I could make...

frustratedinMA's picture

I say cook them up tonight for all 3 girls.. the mememe sd, and cute little bio 4 and 1 (can 1 yr olds eat pizza)???