You are here

I know this is O/T but I jsut moved my dd in her dorm

purpledaisies's picture

It was a very busy day with moving her and her stuff in her dorm. Her roommate is a childhood friend and they are good together. However her mom WOW :jawdrop:

So both girls had a lot of stuff and we had about 3 loads each but roommates mom kept saying your dd brought WAY more stuff them mine over and over so bad that the RA even told me she had heard her say it about 4 times while introducing herself. I didn't care really so what who brought more or not. :?

So then all her roommates mom could do was scream how she has to organize them and put everything away and where SHE wanted it. Not where the girls wanted it but where SHE wanted it. Then she even started to unpack my dd stuff even though her dd stuff wasn't all unpacked. It was CRAZY! We had to leave by 12pm and the girls were being called over the intercom to go to some place to check in. I know it was to get rid of parents Wink

We left but her roommates mom was still up there and her dd was telling her she had to go. As we were walking out one of dd friends went with us to help as he goes to school there too just a year ahead. He looked at me and dh and said "dd does NOT need that stress of her roommates mom!! WOW she is something huh"? She is a HUGE control freak that had to have everything HER way it was BAD!

Her dd TRIED so hard to tell her mom what she wanted but she refused to listen. I took both girls aside when 'mom' wasn't around and told them they only needed help with the beds and that is done so they can move things around the way they want them including their clothes and stuff no biggie. I felt bad for roommate. Sad

NCMilGal's picture

Not OT at all. I swear, that is what BM is going to be like.

I took SD15 to camp this year, and she allowed me to help her unpack and get everything squared away. She admitted that she would have chased BM off because of the overcontrolling aspect.

purpledaisies's picture

Thank you I was trying real hard to let dd have her space and do it her way. Roommates mom was so overbearing and annoying. So glad she didn't bring up religion like she usually does. I knew she was going to be like that and dd said she only had to out up with her for a few hours. We have known them for about 7 years now so I knew that we had to bite our tongues lol Blum 3

Dd said she just hopes that she doesn't come up every weekend as they are only an hour away.

purpledaisies's picture

Doing ok sad but ok. yep her mom is religious.She even said she would pray for me when I said I'm not real religious just get her to shut up. :sick:

But anyway I am very sad she is not here I've been texting her all morn. LOL I told her that i would move some of the furniture just b/c I could. }:) I know but sometimes some people just need that slap. I told my dh what I said and that when we go up on sun for family day I would laugh my butt off if they moved any furniture.

She is doing well plus it is a dorm not like an apt. She is on her own but not really. Ya know? Good transition.

Then dh just realized we will have to move her back home during the summer. He thought she would stay there during the summer lol. His face was priceless. Not b/c they don't get along they most do but b/c he had no idea how it worked. LOL