You are here

I have go to to my BIL's wedding....

LadyG's picture

:sick:

Unfortunately I have to go to my BIL's fourth wedding here in the midwest because DH keeps hounding me and hounding me. For one thing, we had to file Chapter 13 due to the debts caused by my medical bills and his credit cards (he only has two). We lived so far away from work that our gas bills were outrageous and our bills had to go by the wasteside. Now, we're a little broke because of the payment to the lawyer to file the papers and such and well, going is going to cost us a little bit of money.

We have to rent a car, pay for our own hotel AND pay for our own dinner at the reception. To be honest, with all of these payments we have coming due with the attorney and our other bills, to me, this is an unneeded expense. This is his fourth wedding in which they've been to all of his other weddings but yet he can't spend a dime in responsibility to even pay for the reception.

So help me, I want to play Daryl Dixon from The Walking Dead in regards to this senseless BS. I know this has nothing to do with step kids, step families or whatever but so help me, I'm seething. As a Wiccan, I am supposed to be happy about this union however, I'm so happy I could just crap. I don't want the expenses, I don't want to go, I have so much other things to do like getting my yarn lots together and selling them on either EBAY or whatever..I have so many other things to do rather than go and celebrate a wedding that, to me, means nothing. Yes, I should go to be with my husband but I don't believe in this. It's nothing but him showing off again how stupid he is in choosing relationships.

Get this. When they posted their engagement picture on Facebook, instead of smiling and being happy about this engagement, both of them were slouching on the couch looking miserable and unhappy. Don't you think this is a CLUE to how this relationship will probably end up?

Counseling is on Tuesday and guess what? I'm telling DH again that I don't want to go. The picture in all honesty spoke volumes and I'm so apprehensive about going that I'm afraid that I'm going to laugh during the ceremony. I know that's rude and uncalled for but....

You know, I'll think I'll go ghost hunting instead.

kathc's picture

You guys CANNOT afford the trip. End of story. Is your DH that much of an ass that he can't see that?!? Not even anything to do with it being the fourth wedding and likely not the last with this bil, but dammit you cannot afford the expense!!! Send them a nice card, maybe a small gift but that's the extent of it!

LadyG's picture

Hey, the more, the merrier when it comes to ghost hunting.

My DH and I got married at Justice Of The Peace with our best friends and will have a bigger "wedding" later. I just can't comprehend in my logical brain how a fourth wedding is such a big deal to a person who has had a track record of bad relationships and now marrying again just to get attention. This dingbat can't pay his mother back appropriately but the sh*t can buy expensive wedding invitations and now, the person has moved in with him putting her stuff in storage.

We cannot afford it. Period.

oldone's picture

Responsible people do not spend money that they do not have.

I've missed weddings, funerals, and other major family events because I lived far away and could not afford to go. I'm not the only family member who's had to miss things.

Where is this money that does not exist supposed to come from? Are you not going to buy groceries or gas one month? sure.

LadyG's picture

Unfortunately, he's renting the d**n car and he's paying for our hotel room. I'm looking for a quick out because I'm having withdrawal symptoms from not having my medication for a month and a half. He said, "There are ghosts in this hotel."

I don't give a s**t if Jesus Christ himself was going to be there for the Rapture!! Seriously, I'm gonna have to wait around for his fifth wedding and....right now, I do NOT have the patience for any of this. I am going to my counseling appointment and my last nerve is fried when it comes to everything I'm going through. I'm not holding back and I am just going to let loose. My counselor says he loves me but being forced to go to a FOURTH wedding...is that love? No!! I don't care about what kind of religion it is even if I'm Wiccan! We just filed bankruptsy and I'm sorry, that money needs to go to other things.

We're gonna have to spend money on our OWN dinner at the reception. I'm sure the morons want a wedding gift so I found two big stuffed animal fish to give each of them (he fishes) because...well, they both STINK. I told my DH about this and I got the dirtiest look. Well, I call it as I see it...

I mean, I had a lot more to say however this is a somewhat "clean" board and I'm really am just tired of dealing with stupid s**t. Basically that is what it is: stupid s**t. Hopefully, I'll have diarrhea during the ceremony and miss the whole thing while playing Candy Crush on my cell phone...

LadyG's picture

LOLOLOL Blum 3

I was trying to be nice. I'm trying to watch my language on here, that's all. I mean, right now, all I feel like doing is crawling into my yarn pile and getting lost in it. I'm so fed up with the drama going on and now, my health is suffering. Too much!!

Calling my doctor today to get my CPAP machine adjusted. Oh happy joy. Goddess, I want to go back to sleep but the ghosts in my house won't let me.