You are here

I had an emotional breakdown this morning

EvilWickedSM's picture

DH asked me if I wasn't going to talk to SD either since I'm not doing other things for her. I responded that I have talked to her the, oh, 2 or 3 times I've seen her since I've made my decision. He replied that it didn't seem like it. I told him that I think he knows that there is tension in the relationship and is looking for things that aren't really there. I asked him "Do you not remember me talking to her the other day when she expressed concern over her part in an important sporting event? Do you not recall me saying to her that she wasn't the only one who determined the success of the team and all she could do was try her best?" Uhm, hello....and I've been igoring her/not talking to her???

He mentioned that he feels tense when she's here and we're in the room together. He said that hs' afraid we're going to have to move when he retires if he can't find a job locally, and that these next 6 months are his only chance to spend a lot of time with her. He mentioned that now she doesn't want to come over becasue the tention between she and I.

I just had enough and started crying, lol. I was babbling on, asking him if he understood that SD and I weren't the only reasons that our relationship like it is, he had a HUGE part in it, moreso than she and I. He was at fault for teaching her she didn't have to respect me, or what I say doesn't matter. I told him he did that every time he went running after her when she and I had a disagreement, or each time he contradicted me in front of her, etc. I told him I've had enough and I'm not doing anything for her because she doesn't appreciate anything. I told him I was no longer going to treat his kid better than I treat my own just to keep peace in the house, blah, blah, blah. I don't think he knew how to react. He just hugged me and rubbed my back and kept telling me how terribly sorry he was and at least we have each other, how sorry he was to make me cry (I hardly EVER cry, etc. LOL, I don't think he'll accuse me of not talking to SD again!

ta5's picture

Sad I can relate only my husband takes her side and tells me to leave if I dont like it