You are here

I Got 99 Problems and BM is 1!

Lemon65's picture

BM has been on SO's case about not making it to any of SD's softball games this season. We used to make it to almost all of them, but that is because they were on weekends. Now they are on weeknights at 5:30. Well, my SO works between 50-70 hours a week and even when he's not working late, he gets home between 6:30-7 and the ballfield is half an hour from where we live. Not once has BM asked him what his work schedule is like or why he can't make it. The only reason she is able to make it to every game is because she doesn't work!

Last night she texted to say that SD was at her softball game and probably would've liked to see SO there. SO responded and let her know that he had just gotten home from work. Her response? "Oh ok. You'll see her July 1st then". We haven't seen SD in a few weeks because BM signed her up for three different camps this summer. She was home last weekend but we didn't get to see her for Father's Day either. Why? Because she was going to a baseball game with BM and BM's husband to celebrate Father's Day.

This bothers me to no end. BM is always guilt tripping SO about not making it to SD's events or not spending enough time with her, but then she refuses to make any concessions and withholds visitation because they "have plans". It's always the same song and dance and it's getting really old.

MoominMama's picture

Cut his hours back and get a reduction in CS? I know... In a perfect world etc.

Is there a CO? Is she sticking to it? It makes me sick when BM's just do what they like. She is actually taunting your SO and then with holding access. She is interfering with his parenting time by signing SD up to things on his tome with her. And the fathers day thing was just a bi*ch move. 

Lemon65's picture

The CO states that he is to be granted a "reasonable amount" of visitation. When they divorced, SO was in a very bad place and didn't have the funds to hire a lawyer, so he didn't show up. This was a bad move on his part, but after everything BM put him through, I don't blame him. So after a lot of years of PASing and living in different cities, they agreed that SO gets to have SD on Sundays and also agreed on an amount for CS (the CO states that it is $50 per month - SO pays a lot more than that).

Taunting is a good word for what she's doing. "You are a horrible father for never spending time with your daughter...but I am not going to let you see your daughter". That pretty much sums it up.

Areyou's picture

Could you ignore her. There’s no court order that says you guys have to respond to her. She’s being a nagging controlling bitch.

Maxwell09's picture

BM shouldnt be able to sideline his visitation just because she is signing up skid for camp, but I guess if he is okay with it because he is working then that's a little different. My guess is BM put her in all of these camps and activities to play the control game with your DH not considering she would be the only one running around after the kid because he has work. She is probably wants a vacation so she is trying to guilt him into asking for her early as if she wasn't the reason he hasn't been seeing her. Well don't fall into it. He should be ignoring the rest of the crap and responding to only important exchanges like drop off times and dates. The rest is irrelevant.