You are here

I feel worn out.

katerra's picture

I am officially spent. I have two SD's who exhaust me.
How the heck did I get here? This is a common sentence that has been rattling around in my brain. They are 13 and 16, and I have had them in my world now for 10 years. We have them full time, as their biological mom passed away 4 years ago. Nearly everyday I feel like a keeper or a tired old nanny, not a special person within a family unit.
How do you turn that around?

sterlingsilver's picture

read sueu2's message over and over until you memorize it and keep that rattling around in your head! I like the line: "Teach them how to do things for themselves, and ask them to do things for you sometimes." When I started asking my kids and skids to do things for me throughout the week, it not only took some of the burden off of my shoulders but it put me in control of my home; it made me the queen bee!!

Newstep's picture

Make time for yourself!!!! Make time for yourself!!!! Make time for yourself!!!! I can't stress this enough. You can be a good SM and make yourself a priority too. Doing everything for your skids is not good for them or you! Like everyone else said your worn out because you are being used up.