You are here

I feel so petty sometimes

EvilWickedSM's picture

I know this is petty, but I have to vent.

We are going camping this weekend with BD, SD and two of their friends. DH just calls me from the store asking if there’s anything else we need because he’s there with SD. I told him I already bought everything. He asks what I got and I told him. Then he says “oh, I’m getting the girls some stuff”. Obviously he’s not getting the “girls” some stuff because DD isn’t with him. What I hear is “Oh, I’m getting SD some stuff”. I told him I already bought food for the weekend. He said SD wanted peas so I’m getting her them and I’m getting stuff to make the “girls” chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast . Whatever.

I had already bought groceries. I figured cold cereal was good enough for the kids for two mornings. I even got three different kinds so that there would be something everyone would like. I packed three snack choices, all of which I thought ALL of the kids would like, plus carrot sticks (which I know they both like), three lunch choices, and dinner stuff. I’m sure that SD didn’t like what I had packed, or DH didn’t think there was anything she would like. After I got off of the phone with him I was thinking about it (aka stewing) and texted him. I told him that from now on if SD was going camping then he was responsible for buying all of the groceries because it’s a waste of my time and money to go shopping, only to have him buy more stuff and the stuff I’m buying not get used.

Oh, and when he picked SD up this morning he left DD at SDs house. (The stepsister of my SD babysits my DD during the summer). He said there wasn’t enough room in the truck for her and that he would get her when he unloads some stuff. I’m not really sure what was in the truck considering everything except food is in the camper already. He could have just said that he wanted to spend some time with SD without DD there instead of lying to me. I don’t ever want to hear another word out of his mouth about me not treating SD like gold. If I went and picked up DD and left SD there I wouldn’t hear the end of it.

EvilWickedSM's picture

No, she's just mine. I would be livid if she was both of ours and he left her there! As it is, I can understand him wanting some one on one time with SD since she isn't around much, but he didn't have to make up a lame excuse, lol, ykwim?

candice85's picture

You should have gotten mad at him for leaving DD with babysitter because he would have gotten mad at you if you left SD. I know all to well about going out of the way to buy things and snacks and husband thinks its not good enough for Skid. Cereal was good enough for a few days and hot pancake is he really gonna get up and make hot pancakes or will you have to?