You are here

I feel that my BF lies to me regarding his son.

Monsterchick87's picture

My boyfriend's son (almost 23) has been living with us rent free. My BF pays all his bills even after he graduated college. I really don't understand the real reason why my BF doesn't make him move out. He keeps telling me different things and I don't know what to believe anymore.

First he said it was temporarily while he found a place for his son. Well, 6 months have passed and I think it's more that enough for the boy to find a place and a job because he's been unemployed for almost a year. Then my BF started telling me that his son got a job offer out of state and that he wanted to be with him before he moved of state because he decided to take that job. Okay, but again, it's been 6 months since his son has been here. How much more time do daddy and son need together before he leaves and finally becomes independent? He keeps telling me that he's moving out of state but nothing ever changes. I guess it's more important to have father/son time that for him to start his career and get his life together. Do you think he's making up excuses for his son? I even asked him for an exact date of when his son was leaving and he never gave me an answer. He also said that his son's girlfriend didn't want him to move out of state so in the mean time he will continue to live with us until he makes up his mind regarding if he's moving or looking for a job here. This will probably take a long time.

is there hope for me??? I think he's taking too long to figure out what he wants to do. 

tog redux's picture

Well, let your BF know that you need his son to move out by X date, or you will - and you will find out if there is hope for you.

Rags's picture

If it looks like bullshit, feels like bullshit and smellls like bullshit it must be bullshit.   Get a big red marker and circle  a date on the calendar and if SS isn't gone make that your move out date.

Why on Earth does daddy need to find his 23yo college graduate baby boy a place to live?

BethAnne's picture

The son could be lying to his dad. Though Dad does not seem to be pressing the issue even if this is the case. 

notarelative's picture

He also said that his son's girlfriend didn't want him to move out of state ...

If that's why SS is staying, SS needs to move in with girlfriend.