You are here

I feel like im on the outside

marissamae88's picture

This is more like a vent then anything else. I feel like I am my step kids mom. I made the choice I put in the hardwork and for the most part its cool. I feel the kids like me I know I like them and my SO gets the best of both worlds. The BM has been on supervised visit for awhile but now she is getting a couple hours every other weekend unsupervised. This starts mothers day weekend. Last year the kids spent it with me and gave me the gifts they made at school. The didnt ask to call her and she didnt call us. But this year they are going to see her and my heart hurts a little from it. I know I will always be there but I hate sharing and I guess it never bothered me because she was never around but now that she is trying and supposedly off drugs I am supposed to give her these kids. My SO says I am being sensitive and I shouldnt let it bother me but I cant help it. The second oldes came up to me today and said can you buy my mom flowers so we can give them to her? ummmm f*** no she doesnt call you, write you, see you unless she gets something out of it why would I buy her flowers. I didnt say this to him it was just going through my mind. He then asks me if he should pack. I was like no your not spending the night. He said oh but looked so disappointed. I dont know. Should I try and disengage from the situation just to protect my heart and feelings? Should I keep doing what I am doing and stop being a cry baby? I know no one in my situation besides you ladies so no one understands how it feels to raise kids everyday that arent yours and that you have no legal right over. I dont know. Its a low feeling night. Sad