You are here

I feel bad for DH on one hand, but on the other...he asked for it.

EvilWickedSM's picture

He has never demanded respect from his daughter, and now he certainly doesn’t get any.

She’s 15 and ever since I’ve been around (when she was 9) she’s pretty much told he parents what she’s going to do and who she’s going to be with when.

She was supposed to go to a festival with DH Sunday but they didn’t because of the rain. So they made plans to go to lunch Monday. She texted him and told him she was going hunting (with her Step-Dad), so couldn’t go to lunch as planned, but could do it when they got back. DH said no, I can’t do it then.

He is so upset but is finally seeing what he has helped create with his lack of parenting…a selfish child who takes nobody’s feelings into consideration. Oh well, DH has gotten to where he doesn’t go out of his way to make plans with her. She comes over when she wants something, which he still gives into too much for my tastes, but he’s gotten a lot better. Baby steps I guess.

SMof2Girls's picture

These are the types of kids BM is trying to raise .. giving the kids all the power in deciding when/who they spend time with. DH is fighting it tooth and nail .. at 5 and 7 years old, they're too young to handle that.

EvilWickedSM's picture

I really don't understand these moms. They are just too spiteful to make things easier for their children, because their ex would benefit as well.

SMof2Girls's picture

Our BM wants to limit DH to every other weekend visitation. He currently gets every weekend, and has proposed multiple changed orders that would GIVE her weekend time, without reducing his overall time. You know .. fair/equal parenting.

She refuses to accept anything less than primary custody; she won't entertain offers that don't reduce DH's overall time. So she tells the girls that the only reason they can't see her on weekends is because daddy won't allow it. So now the skids come over every weekend asking why they can't see BM on weekends and saying he's unfair.

So .. in this case .. if skids get what THEY want, so does BM.

It's sick.

EvilWickedSM's picture

I agree! I keep trying to tell him that he's doing her no favors with the spoiling/keeping happy above all else/always getting her way. It's just really sad to see.

Unfreakingreal's picture

Same here. DH NEVER parented SS21 nor does he parent SD13. SS21 is now a disrespectful, piece of garbage and waste of human space and SD13, well, let's just say she's on the fast track to making him a granddaddy before he's anywhere near ready. No idea wtf these men are thinking, absolutely NO idea.

hippiegirl's picture

I have 2 adult skids who CANNOT hold a job longer than a month. Why? Because they were never made to work for anything. Worthless.