You are here

I dont get it..

epgr's picture

so for Christmas BM got skids $100 gift cards, they were not allowed to bring home. Now I can understand this if she was actually going to take them shopping and let them bring home some clothes or whatever (after all they are at her house maybe 4 days a month). But she didnt, she admitted to both of them that she spent the gift cards.
What upsets me is that they even asked her to bring them home, we have gotten them mp3 players, games, make up, cd's, perfumes (from bath and body works) money, you name anything little they can fit in their pockets... and they have taken it over to their mothers never to be seen again, and never once have we been asked if they could take it. How come they didnt do that with the gift cards, that they even say she probably has spent them....
I just dont get it!
Then they will complain because the bio kids have cds to listen to, mp3 players to play with, games to play, and so on.. you get the point.. then they get mad at me when I point out that they took theirs to their mothers house and they would have it to if they would bring it back.. but their mom says they can not bring it back.
Its the same with clothes, if they wear good clothes to her house they will come back in the most hideous things I have ever seen, 2-3 sizes to small, stained, ripped.. she says they were dirty and she is washing them and will send them back next time.. next time never comes. so we are forced to piss the kids off and send them in clothes she has gotten them or sent them home in... they dont get mad at her when she keeps things from them.. but they are furious with us when we dont let them take things over there, and when they do they expect us to buy them more.. ugh.. I am sooo frustrated

StepChicka's picture

I know this is a very common problem between households. I would give her a little time to come around. It's a kid who gets a brand new toy and doesn't want to share at first.

epgr's picture

it has been like this for the past 10 yrs.
did I mention that if we dont get the skids new then they will hide or destroy bio kids things..
lately what I have been doing is saying that if they wont bring things from their moms, or at least try, or if they are taking things from here then they cant play with bio kids things.
When they go to their moms house there are other kids over there.. BM lives with her boyfriend and his 3 kids and she has 1 kid she kept.. (husband is not the father of that one).. so its not like they are taking over there so no one else plays with it.. because they do.

Snowbunny's picture

We have the same problem. BM will give the clothes or shoes that we buy SD and give them to her other kid (not DH's child....one she has from someone else). It's infuriating. We've had to completely police the things that she brings over there (like her Nintendo DS or her iPod...those kind of things aren't allowed to leave the house), but some things like clothes and shoes we have to send her with. SD's sister even stole her freaking lunch box. Really?? I'd love to give you advice but really, we haven't found anything that helps. We try to limit what SD brings over there as much as we can, but stuff still disappears. It's a losing battle and it sucks.

epgr's picture

ahh the nintendo DS.. my dad got our bio kids one and games for their bdays, husband thought it was unfair and wanted to run out and get his kids some.. I argued that we didnt spend a penny on them... he says if bio kids get it then his kids need it too, (even though I dont try to make up for what his parents do or get for his kids and not mine.. they all have grandparents, I dont try to make mine his or his mine) anyways long story short.. asked BM to pay for 1/2 she said ok, but as usual never did, a month later we go to the store and he buys them.. where are they now.. ?? good question...
I told them from on on they have to be out here and ready at 4:45 when their mom comes.. that way I have 15 mins to see what they have... its a shame I feel like I have to check their pockets but we can not afford to have anymore things gone.. we are not going to support her boyfriends kids or her other kid!

epgr's picture

oh no.. we didnt get the gift card.. BM got it, BM spent it.. I do really see any reason for an 11 yr old to have $100 to spend anyway she wants, we would have $100 worth of justin bieber posters... we dont do gift cards here..
buying entertainment sounds like a very good idea.. but what do I do when I get bio kids something that hubby thinks skids have to have it too.. its all about fairness in his eyes.. he isnt seeing that its not fair that skids get twice as many clothes as bio kids cuz they are constantly taking theirs to thier moms, or they get bought another cd or game or whatever cuz they took the first one to their moms.. in his eyes is bio kids get it, skids get it.. if skids dont get it bio kids dont get it.. I dont think bio kids should go without cuz skids take things to their moms.. the things they have not taken over there, that were to big to get out the door, they are hidden, no one touches them .. ever.. including a football in a dresser.. its all odd.. but whatever is bio kids is everyones.. what ever is skids is, well, skids.
but no more will they wear good clothes to their moms house.. it will be play clothes from now on..even if skids are throwing themselves all over the house.. I wont give in, lets just hope hubby dont either..