You are here

I ate SD13's "special cake that daddy buys her"

Fairy dust 28's picture

And it tasted f!&@ing AMAZING!!!

Every week, her dad goes and buys her special treats for her packed lunch while consistently (nearly every week) forgets to buy DD5 lunch box stuff!

If you have read my other post, I had an absolute shit day yesterday. Didn't eat all day but felt like I should eat at around 8pm

So I ventured out of my solitary confinement of the bedroom to the kitchen

Saw the LAST "special cake" and ATE IT!!! (It's not special as in dietary requirements, just that they're hers and hers alone along with loads more stuff!)

This morning, all hell broke loose and yet I found the whole thing very satisfying!!

God... I have become a monster!!!!!

Anon2009's picture

Why don't YOU buy your dds lunch items? It's not SDs fault that he doesn't get your dd things for school lunch.

If things are so bad that you're rejoicing in eating someone else's food, you might want to consider marriage counseling.

Fairy dust 28's picture

I feel that sd13 is in part responsible for her daddy buying her treats - she does the food shopping along with him and loads the trolley with whatever she desires - comes home and "warns" dd and me about eating her "special food daddy got me" so please, don't try and preach about her innocence, you have made a blanket statement without knowing a thing about what I'm going through.

I believe I also stated above "if you have read my other posts" that I have attended marriage counselling.... ALONE as my husband refuses to change his ways despite knowin we have problems.

But other than that, thank you for your support

luchay's picture

The two younger dd's (5 and 1) are the douchebag husbands AS WELL.

You guys (well two of you) are condoning this guy treating his oldest daughter like a special snowflake at the expense of his other two daughters?

That is completely fucked up in my book.

Fairy dust 28's picture

Surely the point here is that my husband shouldn't be enabling this behaviour and that the food shop is for everyone and I shouldn't be getting "warned" in my own home by a 13 year old not to touch her special food that daddy bought? And has even got as far as to demand a cupboard in the kitchen for "her food"?

emotionaly beat up's picture

I have read your other post fairy dust. Shame there weren't more cakes for you to eat. Delete this post and just update the other one. People will get your point then, I get some of the comments here because they have only read what looks like your pretty mean act here. But, I say ENJOY the cake. Smile

Orange County Ca's picture

I also don't know all of what else you've written but the word "solitary" jumped out at me as well as your statement of his failure to accompany you to counseling which has apparently given you no workable solutions.

Frankly its time to try a trial separation where you don't file for divorce but just set up a separate place to live for you and your daughter. It may be the kick in the butt he needs to realize how serious the situation has become. If not, which is the likely outcome, then its time you got your kid out of this situation where she is obviously a second class citizen.

Anon2009's picture

"Surely the point here is that my husband shouldn't be enabling this behaviour and that the food shop is for everyone and I shouldn't be getting "warned" in my own home by a 13 year old not to touch her special food that daddy bought? And has even got as far as to demand a cupboard in the kitchen for "her food"?"

Surely this issue could be avoided if things changed and you started doing the food shopping?

Anon2009's picture

There are healthy options in between...like a) blaming Dad for not being able to say "no" and b) Dad saying "no" to his kid. Taking it out on the wrong person is never a good idea.

lillfiredog's picture

Hey Fairy, I have been following you as well..... I hope you enjoyed the cake as much as I did reading your post Smile

luchay's picture

Me too.

One small victory for the SM.

I think anyone who is NOT getting the point here should maybe go and read the other post, and attempt to understand the reality here. It's not about a cake.

SteelRose's picture

We have the whole food issues here too, maybe not to that degree. Dh only takes sss16 shopping when he shops and of course I only take bs's with me when I shop and us parents allow our kids to buy special things. But they have to take it to their room or it gets shared.

Jsmom's picture

Do what we do...One shelf in the pantry is for everyone...All snacks. No one's food is off limits unless they pay for it. DH and I keep expensive chocolates in our room out of my BS's hands...

If they pay for it, then she can dictate it....But, she doesn't so she can't say a word...I do think you need to stop her from going grocery shopping with him. That is breeding resentment with you and probably your bio's.

porcelian-doll's picture

I should have not read this now I want some cake what kind of cake was this? I feel like he should think of your daughter when he goes shopping and get her some special stuff too and if he doean't you should. That is so stupid you should be able to go in your kitchen and eat whatever you like unless everyone gets to have something special. I could see if it was a special snakc here and ther but special this special that and special water really but forgets to even get your daughter's lunch?

Tuff Noogies's picture

lmfao- i just spit crackers on my screen... "is he fucking her too?"

yes OP's husb is a douche. there's no reason why he should be shafting the rest of the family so his speeeshul princess can have speeshul cakes. eff that.

if he's doing the family grocery shopping, then he needs to stick to that.
and her own damn cabinet- really??? wtf.

Kasey21's picture

Fairy Dust, I am glad you ate the cake. If it made you feel good in your dreadful situation, then eat and enjoy the cake. What a thing........a special place for the Princess' food!! Hard to believe your DH is putting his one child above his other two and also you of course. I think the message you are receiving is loud and clear. But please, look after yourself both emotionally and financially. If you are not in immediate danger, stay put until you can find out what your legal and financial rights are. (If you ARE in physical danger, get out now with your two children). The situation there is toxic but it sounds like your young children have been putting up with this for some time, a few more weeks won't harm them more. If you leave, you may jeopardize your legal and financial rights. Get all your information first, then make your move.

Fairy dust 28's picture

For everyone who asked...

It was triple chocolate fudge cake and it was absolutely awesome!!!!!!

I'd do it again in a heartbeat!!! Thank you to everyone who has offered supportive words and even made me smile throughout today.

And to any haters... Kiss my ass! Walk a day in my shoes then Judge me

Fairy dust 28's picture

No no no, not at all - it was more directed at the world in general! I am an adult capable of having grown up discussions an I'm able to appreciate that from time I time, people disagree.

I admittedly don't like being judged by people who don't know all the facts - I would never have made some of the comments that have been directed at me via various posts.

I never said "to anyone who doesn't agree with me, kiss my ass"??? I think perhaps you have misinterpreted the meaning... But I suppose it's all about how it's read in the eye of the beholder??

Drac0's picture

That's part of the problem with these boards. Communication is 55% body language, 38% tone of voice and 7% words. So on these boards we just have words to work with which means most of us will get you 7% of the time and in this case, that 7% are those who have an anchoring for cake right now....Mmmmmm....cake.....Wait, what are we talking about here?

Fairy dust 28's picture

I just loled!!! I love it!!

I live in hope that most people (not just here, at work with emails etc) remember that words are often not meant in the way they are interpreted xxx

luchay's picture

Oh FFS go and read the other thread before hating anymore.

This lady is going through enough shit at the hands of her OWN husband, and his special princess daughter, she comes here for support not more hating.

Figure out what the heck is going on BEFORE hating.

Makes me sick reading posts like that.

JacksGal's picture

go see your Mum... bring home some of those very cakes and tell SDbrat that they are special cakes your Mum bought you and they're only for you and those you feel earned them. Smile that will get miss bratty thinking!

Sweet T's picture

Are you the one whose husband told her to move out recently , basically kicking out his small bio children?

Cocoa's picture

good!

Sweet T's picture

I take it then you are still in the marital home. If he refuses counceling and you have gone on your own then I really think you do know where the issue lies. It sounds like he is so screwed up there is no fixing him. It takes courage to leave so stay strong. What a pathetic man to throw away 2 children rather than discipline one.

christinen's picture

Fairy, I don't know your back story but I am glad you ate the cake! Whatever it takes to make you feel a little better about your situation!

As far as the special cake issue, SD should not be shopping with your DH and putting shit in the cart if your bios are not also allowed to do that (personally, I don't think any of the kids should do it but if one does, all must).

There are no special cakes in my house. I do the grocery shopping and what I buy is for everyone. DH does go out on his own and buy SD potato chips because he gives them to her every night for snack and I refuse to buy the crap, but that does not mean that we can't eat the potato chips if we wanted them.

Your SD has way too much power in that house and she needs to be put in her place! Next time she warns you not to eat her special cakes, I would tell her listen you little brat, this is my house & I am the adult, you are the child, & I'll eat whatever the hell I want! }:)

Fairy dust 28's picture

Yes, me and my girls are still here at least until I speak to a solicitor.

I've told him as such and if he doesn't like it, he can feel free to get out.

Just to add: I've attended counselling alone, I've begged him, wrote him everything!!!!! I can't single handedly save this marriage and to be quite honest, I don't have the strength anymore xxx

EvilWickedSM's picture

I hate this crap. IMHO any food in the house is for anyone in the house. If I buy something that needs to be kept for a specific recipe or something then I will let everyone know. DH used to do the same thing, buy stuff just for SD and a fit would be thrown if anyone else touched it. 90% of the time the stuff that she "had" to have ended up going bad because she didn't eat it. I just started buying stuff "just for DD" and when SD wanted it I would say "Oh sorry, you can't have that, it's for DD". Well, DH stopped after I started doing that. I guess he saw just how stupid it was...lol.

My4kidsmom's picture

Anything that is in the cupboard is fair game. Its ridiculous that "little princess" has that kind of power that she thinks she can dictate to any other adult in the house. Let them eat cake I say! ALL of them. lol