You are here

I almost kicked them h.all out of my home...

stepmom2be's picture

Bf stopped over with his two kiddos, (girls- spoiled rotten,) aged 19 months and 4.5. They both throw ear splitting tantrums.

We've been taking space from each other while I've been deciding... do I really want to date someone with kids? (My four year old often asks when they leave, "Why do they always scream and kick, it's not nice.") And she is right.

He stopped over to help move some furniture- because he's a rockstar- and I couldn't do it by myself. As soon as he put down the 19 month old? She screamed.

SHE SCREAMED FOR A HALF HOUR. Bloody Murder. I actually went over there and touched her nose lightly, (it -always works,-) to get her attention and looked at her and said, "You will stop this now.) -Of course in my meanest, most awful voice. (She did.) And what did he do? Immediate come into the room and freaking praise the 19month old for being 'good!' (Which made it all start again.) In all this chaos the 4 year old, (whom is a really sweet kid- just spoiled beyond belief,) decided SHE wasn't getting enough attention and started screaming, crying- hysterics. He left the house and said, "I'm going to kill ****- his ex wife." I actually said, "You need to add yourself to that list. The girls know exactly how much they rule over you. It's disgusting." He acknowledged it.

I know he's struggling- however... my house- with my daughter? Isn't always peaceful, but it's not the hour of hell I just went through.

He's asking me what I know that could help him- but truly.. it's gone this far- is there any hope?

Most Evil's picture

I have to say, it is no coincidence the only man I dated with a child, the child was 9. Small children can be just wild and I don't think I could do it, without being backed up by DH and allowed some authority. If not, forget it-!

William Shakespeare, "Antony and Cleopatra", Act 2 scene 2