You are here

I’m the bad guy!!!! What the F

Chelsearg's picture

Following on from my last post about not being invited to stepsons school production. 

We called the school twice. First we were told there are no tickets and anyone is welcome. Next call was told extras have to stand. I decided not to go. The ex played it very well by giving hubbys parents two tickets  and leaving hubby with 1 for himself so myself and our child could not go or have a seat (there was a 3 ticket limit for each child performing). I have decided not to go. I just can’t be bothered and don’t want to be left standing with our toddler for 90mins. Our toddler also has kindy tomorrow and it will be a late night for him if we go. Hubby got home and I told him me and our child will stay here. He got mad. Then said to get our child ready. I said no our child is not going it’s too late and there’s no seat for either of us so that’s why we won’t go. He got so mad and stormed off. I told him it’s not my fault his ex is slimey and wanted to deligate the tickets out knowing we would have been going and not the grandparents. He told me we should be going anyway and who cares if we have to stand and that we could steal someone else’s seat and that I’m a shitty person for not letting our toddler go. 

I’m so furious that he would even get mad at me because his ex wanted to play god with who went. 

Things like this make me want to divorce him and tell him to get lost. 

Harry's picture

I know he want to see his kid.  But he playing into BM trap.  He should went to the school and told them he needed three tickets.  Because he is split with BM.  I am sure school had exter tickets and he could of gotten them. If he moved his ass and did something 

Chelsearg's picture

Yeah I agree. He wanted us to go but I don’t think it’s fair if I get shunned to standing in the aisle for 90mins because the ex delegated the tickets out. Now he’s mad that I don’t want to go. Never mind his ex was the one that originally made it so I couldn’t go. 

Chelsearg's picture

he said his kids going to be hurt we didn’t go but I think it’s his job to make sure his child knows his mother made it this way. 

twoviewpoints's picture

This was my thought. With three tickets (DH and two grandparents) why would OP have to stand? DH can stand if anyone needed to be without a seat. 

Yes, and his idea of stealing someone's seat? WTF? 

OP, tell your Dh this , none of it is your fault. His ex thinks she's really cute and clever with this little stunt. That you aren't going to be his target each time his ex tries a fast one. This is his kid, it's his responsibility to keep up with what's going on with his kid. School production events don't pp up over night. Nope, there are weeks of practice and such. If nothing else he could have perhaps arranged with teacher to have himself, you and little one attend the 'dress rehearsal' 

If this school's attendance at these productions have grown so large that numerous people wanting to attend must stand in aisles for 90 minutes just to see their children/grandchildren perform, perhaps someone approach the school about being time to put on multiple showings of the production. Heck, the school could turn it into a fundraiser for the school and sell tickets a few bucks a piece. Yes, grandparents do things like gladly pay a few bucks each to go sit and watch their little darlings perform. We grandparents get silly that way, the kid could stand on stage and do absolutely nothing and we'd pay to go see it, lol. 

Major Blunder's picture

Agree with all, whole thing is BS and your DH is an ahole for not "standing" up for you, I'm disabled and still would stand before I made my DW do it, but we never run into this particular problem.

Chelsearg's picture

thanks for all the replys! I’m glad I didn’t want to go. I didn’t want to be dragged into their battle. OH only wanted me to go so I wouldn’t let bio mum have her way. But in the process of that I would be left standing with our toddler for 90mins so no one wins. Except hubby. 

Curious georgetta I certainly was not marking my territory. How could I when I wasn’t going? I didn’t want toddler going because he had to be asleep by 7 and wakes up at 6am for daycare. Hubby didn’t get home until 9.30. I’m the one left to deal with an overtired child so there was nothing horrible about me not letting him go. 

Aniki-Moderator's picture

Curious is NOT now and never was a step parent and has never had to deal with this kind of stuff. Her advice is skewed to first family dynamic.

Chelsearg's picture

hubby is being a complete dick about it. When ever this happens (very rarely) he always acts like oh my precious child how dare you. Instead of looking at it from my point of view. He’s lucky I’m broke or I would be out that fucken door so fast. I was tempted to go to the courthouse and ask about divorce papers this afternoon but it’s closed. I’m fuming. After everything I have done and sacrificed and how amazing I have been to him and his son he acts like I’m just being a petty cunt. And his words are “you let her win”. How the fuck can his ex be winning if I’m not even playing the game! I feel like making him pay me out half of what we own and taking one of the cars and leaving and never looking back.