You are here

Hypochondriac Bm

Lulu90's picture

Anyone else BM a possibly hypochondriac? I'd love to here some funny stories.

BM or one of the kids is almost always "incredibly sick" When SS 7 had strep she carried him wrapped in a blanket into urgent care. (kid barely had a fever)

Well it is BMs turn at being sick. Not sure what it is this time SS7 said her back hurts so they have to fix it with another surgery. However just last week she was seen carrying a child so not to sure about. I swear at her house someone is in the hospital at least every other month.

WalkOnBy's picture

Medusa was convinced she had IBS - I always suspected that she was just full of shit instead. I couldn't have cared less about her or her health.

The problem became when she convinced BabyVoice that SHE had IBS. Told DH that she had been diagnosed, but wouldn't provide the name of the physician who diagnosed her. It ended up being the beginning of the end for Medusa, because that was the tipping point for DH and he began using the Court to his advantage at that time.

BabyVoice used to get "sick" when she wasn't the center of attention, but years of ignoring that stupid behavior finally put an end to it.

ESMOD's picture

Yeah... I think both my SD's inherited their mother's "illnesses".

Especially the younger one will pop up with the word migraine etc... and complains of allergies when it is clear she has a cold.

My family was not particularly sympathetic to the sick. Basically you better quarantine yourself so you don't infect the rest of the herd.

WalkOnBy's picture

It turned out that BabyVoice didn't have IBS, but she DID have a raging case of C-Diff. Nice parenting there, Medusa. Had she taken BabyVoice to the pediatrician, instead of diagnosing her via WebMD, the kid would have felt a ton better waaaaaaaaaay sooner.

As it was, she filed a motion with the Court asking for sanctions against DH because he had the nerve to take his kid to the doctor AND had the nerve to ask the doctor to send him the test results.

Bitch....

thinkthrice's picture

I do. Pumpkinhead OSS, then approx. 10 yrs old, tripped over his own feet in gym and did a soccer flop. Of course this was the perfect opportunity to get out of gym via melodrama (the skids are all "athletic" doncha know, meaning huge for their ages)

Anyway, the Girhippo rushed him to the E.R. and demanded that give him an MRI (she never paid her share of the co-pay on it, letting it go into default). She also put Chef's name on as responsible party; all of which Chef found out AFTER the fact.

She told Chef that she thought Pumpkinhead had meningitis and got him all scared and worked up. Being an experienced parent as I was, I calmed Chef saying this is just more of the BM and her touch of Munchausen's by Proxy.

YSS, aka Prince Hygiene, used to point out every miniscule hangnail that he had and try to make a federal case out of it--conceived by the Girhippo no doubt.

They did have some actual illnesses due, in large part, to the lack of hygiene over at the Gir's house: lice, ringworm, staph, etc. She basically ignored those actual REAL conditions because it would show her as the bad mother she really is.

One time Pumpkinhead faked an injury during football because his team was losing badly. Off to the hospital he went where they found nothing wrong.

Another time, Dominatrix SD, then approx. 15 yrs old, got rushed off to, as she posted, "Argent Care" because she was supposedly having breathing problems at soccer (one too many oreos before practice--no asthma, nothing)

askYOURdad's picture

We deal with a hypochondriac bm but it isn't funny at all. Dh has been to court over it more then once. When sd was younger she was convinced sd had food allergies, the poor kid was scoped, had colonoscopies etc. Both sds constantly are "sick" and miss school all of the time. They always have bizarre stories about being born with extra ribs. Bms other kids had all kinds of "problems" too. Sadly the skids now realize it's a great way to get attention and babied from bm.

notsobad's picture

BM got a migraine every time she's wasn't the centre of attention or felt that people were not being nice enough to her.

At a milestone birthday for FIL she sat in the car while everyone else enjoyed the party because DH said he's had enough of her bull and he wasn't leaving his father's party to take her home because she had a headache.
The party was at SILs and BM had wanted to have it at her house. Apparently there was a lot of back and forth with MIL trying to mediate between BM and her daughter. In the end it was SIL, the daughter who did everything and BM was livid.

SD nows does some of the same but not to the same degree. I honestly think that she makes herself sick, she doesn't fake it.

I however suffer from migraines, have tried a zillion different medications, have had cat scans and been given umpteen options to attempt to control them. I have found a solution and haven't gotten a migraine in a long time but SD saw me with them.
I can't talk, move or do anything! I certainly wouldn't be able to sit in a car and pout.

SD hasn't had a "sick" episod for a very long time. I think it's partly maturity but mostly that she's not around BM daily.

GhostWhoCooksDinner's picture

Hmmm...let's see...BM has been "diagnosed" with cervical cancer, uterine cancer, and possibly stomach cancer, and miraculously healed from them all. She had a meningitis scare, an aneurysm scare, a heart attack scare, and has been to the ER for "gall bladder attacks" pretty much most holiday eves or whenever the kids had something going on. This is all within about three years. We also know she had a yeast infection once, because she told SS (then 13 or 14) that she was on her way to Walmart for her yeast infection prescription once when he texted her to ask her something. He showed DH the text and asked, "What's a yeast infection?"

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

So exhausted's picture

One year after Thanksgiving I was doing an all night wait at a store for a Christmas gift for skids(this was the only way we could afford it at the time). You basically show up and they hand out a certain amount of tickets and if you get one you then wait all night with your ticket in a store isle and then can purchase the item at 5am the following morning. You can't leave and come back unless it is an "approved" restroom break. So anyways, BM found out I was doing this and decided she would do the same present for her house and wait in line. She shows up and after they hand out tickets asks if she can switch places with the people next to me. She goes on and on about how I am her kids stepmom and we are just the greatest of friends (we're not) and she just needs to switch places so we can sit together all night. I suck it up cause I am determined to have one fun present for the skids at Christmas. About an hour in to the wait BM starts flapping all around, falls over into my lap still flapping around doing a VERY bad job of faking a seizure. A couple of employees come over and ask if she is ok and she is gasping "No I am a diabetic" (she's not) so these employees rush off to get her some crackers candy bar and water. All the while she continues to have "seizures" in my lap! Everyone in line with us is just staring, whispering and rolling their eyes. She is NOT a good actor. After her "seizures" calm down she convinces the store to let her call her mother to come take her place in line so that she can go home and get her diabetes under control. I have never been so embarrassed in my life. I told DH if he ever tells that hag any of my plans again I will strangle the life out of him.