You are here

Husbands family

LauraBz324's picture

Crushed because I don't want problems so I keep.My mouth shut but when I held a grudge a few yeaes ago and stayed away that just made them hate me more. No one talks civilly and it seems they only care to see the kids. I want to just say screw it so bad and just go to my familys as originally planned but this made them so so so upset. I realize their biological family is there and I'm not but I feel like I've never been accepted and if we didn't have the kids it wouldn't matter if we came or not. I grew up in a famil that bashed each other and were always trying to make us choose sides-I swallow all my anger to prevent the kids from seeing it or going through what I went through. I'd rather take on the bullying then them missing their family. I actually have Said I was going to stay home and just let them go but again it made people mad. I can't please this family and I'm damned If I do go and Damned if I dont. Why act like u don't like me but want me to come? May have a few shots before i walk in there like i did last year.....

LauraBz324's picture

Doesn't this make you sad? I wish I could accept it but my family is so opposite. They welcome every one with open arms and anyone added to the family is a blessing. I know when I walk out of a room there's eyes rolling....I seriously have done nothing to them!

VicLee's picture

I didn't see a reply button to the prior post so hope u forgive my jumping in here. They want you to come as a way to control you, as a way to sickly enjoy trying to hurt you while you're there and get more info on you their enemy so they can look for weaknesses in you to try to exploit you further. Then they have more to backstab you more with and more things to say behind your back. You must be younger and/or earlier in this. I used to feel as you did but finally had enough and put their butts on the curb where they belong. Trust me. The only thing that's gonna get better about this situation is you! Don't waste all the years I did. Get out now and take care of you. My husband doesn't like me standing up but he doesn't want to lose me over this. Yours can get over it too!