You are here

How do I get us away safely, and how to earn money to do so?

CJ38's picture

Unfortunately, things in my life have not gotten better. My stepson is just a time bomb waiting to go off he is looking at toddlers, and men. He is also fiddle faddling himself in public. My husband has now started saying that it isn't as bad as we have been saying and that a lot of it is in my head. His mother has also pulled him from therapy. And as I have said, I have no power to help him. I have called DCFS what he is doing, and they said they can do nothing unless he offends. Our therapist says it is time to plan to get out. My husband has also become highly highly abusive, and controlling, threatening me, my safety, and the safety of my son. So I am going to get out of it, but I need to know how to get my son permanently away from my husband without or only with supervised visitation. I know there are ways that this can happen that lawyers won't tell you about. I also need to know some ways or contacts of real jobs I can do, to earn money at home so I can pay for an attorney. Please don't just write rants and raves on here as to how I should just leave. Anyone who knows the court systems, knows enough that if the evidence is not just right, that you cannot protect your children the way they need to be. If you are interested in knowing my whole experience, please see my blog. Thanxs so much for all of your support!

giveitago's picture

I think you should be taking what's rightfully yours, by that I mean keeping a bit aside each time you make purchases, it's NOT theft because it's your money.
Working from home could be doing craft work and selling it online, open a paypal account so that you can have your own financial transactions. Sell stuff on e bay?
Are you totally house bound? You can arrange delivery trucks to come and pick up packages for you. How about making jewelry? Stuffed toys for children? I am sure that you can come up with something to make, how about a yard sale? That bring in cash!
It's really difficult to make your way without any financial security but, truthfully, faith is your ally. Whatever it is you have faith in seek guidance from that. Good luck.