You are here

Honeymoon phase duration

feelinglost's picture

How long did the honeymoon phase last after marriage? I suppose it depends and varies from case to case, but I was wondering if their is a range of min - max and how was your experience.

giveitago's picture

Eight years on and we are still discovering great things about each other! Some days are just 'usual' days but we still have a ton of stuff to look back on with pleasure and new experiences to look forward to. SKids are all grown, yaayyyyyyyy.
It was hell on wheels with SKids but knowing what a good man I have, guilty/disney daddy or not, it's all been worthwhile.
We looked through some photo's the other day, from when we first met and the Skids were just 10 (twins) and how sweet they used to be.

janeyc's picture

Im not married but my honeymoon phase ended quite quickly when I moved in with Bf, Sd shattered that lol, guilty parenting, drove me insane, now 2 yrs later things are a lot better, it is such a shame that our honeymoon phase could'nt have lasted longer.

stepmomto3bioto1's picture

Sadly, not long enough. I'd say that it lasted a whole whopping six months after we married, or about two years all together. The skids, In Laws & very much BM are to blame. But I hold DH as the reason why. He wants to kinda just go with the flow & seems to not want to upset any of them so he's very very passive with them, yet very hard on me for some reason.

It's sad. I still love him very much, but, I'm finding that at least for me, that feeling of "being in love" seems to come & go now. Am I hurt? Yep. Yep I am. Sad

Maroma1984's picture

Still feel like I'm in that phase with my hubby. I love him more than I've ever loved before.

Skid kinda ruins the fun though, but it's just four days a month Blum 3