You are here

Holiday "Blues?"

StepLady's picture

I guess I have the blues this year. I am missing my sister and her daughter so much right now! This is the longest and only time we have been estranged. We were always together all the time! I am lonely! I am sad, my dd is sad over this. I do not wish to reunite at this time though due to her PAS of her kid and the way she treats her ex is downright cruel and illegal! I just can't after DH and skids have suffered due to their BM2 doing the same shit for years!

I feel terrible. My mom is pressing me hard to reunite. My sister has made no effort to fix her life or the conflict between us. We are not talking at all, no social media linked together etc.

Meanwhile BM2 is still a total pain in the ass, and raising sd to be one as well. SD gave us a holiday wish list ten miles long, she wants everything under the sun! Age inappropriate toys, and technology gifts. She wants everything from the American Girl book, she does not currently have any dolls. I am not shopping for her. I will shop for the rest and leave DH to decide what she is getting. He is ok with that idea. BM2 emails constant badgering about switching, asking for favors and calls us all names. Getting old, DH does well to ignore her though. She is still playing lots of games, scheduling things that interfere then blowing up via email about how we deny kids their stupid ass activities that they do not want to do anyways. She never leaves the house with them at all on her time with them though. Too lazy! SD has been nasty in school to other kids lately and BM2 refused to come to conference sine DH was going and she asked for a seperate one from him. School said no! No time for each child to have two, one with each parent! Good! So she never showed up and never took any steps to help SD succeed in school. School is no matter to BM2 they are always late, absent etc.

Court has not really done much to get BM2 compliant, that is a total bummer. Everyone not in our shoes offers lots of useless opinions/ideas. They mean well but I get sick of it and I do like being a mostly private person anyways. If I need support I come here where you all really "get it."

BM1 does not want her boys around SD or SS from BM2. She is worried they will get accused of some such nonsense. We honor her requests to seperate the visits. So the boys are here less. It is sad for DH and me, we love them and miss the long visits. If BM2 cancels, they get happy to rush right over though so that is nice. My DD is growing more fed up with her treatment from SD and misses the boys a lot too. They are kind to her and show her lots of attention.

Bm2 put SD in a tumbling class. It is painful to watch! She is just so huge she can't do it and I feel so bad for her! She is always winded and sweating. The class only 45 minutes once a week, so it will not help her to get fit. It is free at a center near BM2, we took SD for her twice.

My mom is not coming to our home for a long holiday this year since my sister is not and she has said she can not do it, for if she did my sis and neice would have "no one" Duh! How about Sis goes with friends and lets poor DN see her father! That will never happen!

My marriage is good, my kid is healthy and my house looks great. But I am burned out and bummed out this year! Thank you for reading! Rant is over!

onwardupward's picture

Haven't been on in a while. Feeling really down too. I'm back in school full time which is great but would really love to go home for the holiday. I hate the idea of being here on the only break I'll have for a year with DH and his kid. I always love this time of year. I hate that I can't shake off the crappiness step life brings this year. So sad today. Hope your estranged relationship is healed one day soon. Sounds like a pretty hectic arrangement by you :/
Thanks for posting, you're not alone.

StepLady's picture

I am not pregnant I think you have mixed me up with someone else here. Thank you for the support though.