You are here

but he's such a good dad..... bullshit

leftfield's picture

my exbf and i work in the same field and have alot of mutual friends and coworkers since this town is so small. everyone thinks he is such a great daddy because he has his kids allll the time and wouldn't have it any other way. he also involves them in tae kwon doe, swimming and soccer and sits at all of their games/pactices.

but what they dont realize is:

he never works with them in these activities. he drops them off at their practice and watches, but he does not practice with them at home. I tend to think he puts them in these activities because it kills some time, but that's just my opinion.

he doesnt cook for them. unless u consider canned raviolli or frozen chix mcnuggets cooking?

whenever I would walk through their door, daddy was usually on the computer and the kids were in their rooms with their DS glued to them.

Daddy has no patience when it comes to homework help.

daddy favors the youngest to the point where it's ridic. And he has noooo boundaries with this child's mom, which he is perfectly fine with.

he never takes them outside to throw a baseball for them, teach them how to ride a bike, etc. I taught the 5 year old how to hold a damn bat for the first time.

ugggh. but he's such a good dad!!!

steptwins's picture

Are you married to my DH? This is him to a "t". Zero quality time, or actual parenting. More like a friend with a license and ATM card.

leftfield's picture

Just because he stays doesn't mean he is interested. He sits there and texts, grabs refreshments, walks around the mall (these classes are at the mall).

good parenting means u go to practice and see how they are performing, and if they are having a problem in a certain area, you practice with them at home. You encourage them and give them thumbs up, get to know the other parents and build a cammaderie with them, too.

Merely going to practice and plopping ur ass on the bleachers with one thumb on your IPhone and the other thumb in the air is Shit.

leftfield's picture

LOL. He is so good at making the older one (age6) feel stupid, that I would guess the older one would rather not have him there. It probably makes him nervous.

The younger one (age 5) - He probably enjoys having his dad there as his dad treats him like King.

Jmom's picture

Sounds a lot like my DH. He breaks his neck to pick SD11 up every weekend. He does all of the traveling (1 hour 1 way) for the drop off and pick up. BM won't even meet him half way. With all of this once he gets home he plops down on the sofa and watches football. He expects for me to entertain. All of our friends and co workers think he's the best dad ever. If they only knew. Our typical weekends is she's in her room watching TV and he's downstairs wating TV. I've tried to get him to actually do something with her to no avail.

branmuffin97's picture

I hear it about my ex...he's such a good dad!! He hardly ever misses his visitation time!!!

Um...my 15yodd babysits while he sleeps, works or goes out. My 9yo ds is put in a room with a playstation 3 so he can be at peace without the gf's 3yo daughter following him around with a handful of little girl toys. My 11yo dd is on skype or fb chat 22 out of 24 hours...you can see her online constantly. They are bored to tears. My ds fell in love with baseball this year and my current dh/their sd is a sports nut. He bought ds a glove and practices with him all the time. Ds is pretty damn good too! well..the x has been saying he was going to get a glove to be able to practice with ds...um, it's december..nothing yet..but he did buy himself a new bowling ball and shoes for the league he joined. Did I mention ds played bowling in the special olympics yet has never been taken by his own father?

Yeah..I hear about what a great dad the x is all the time...because he picks them up for his weekends. honestly, they would all three prefer he didn't.

Flip that to dh....he has full custody and he is constantly at games, coaching, at the school, taking ss to the Y or to the batting cages...always trying to interact...almost too much imo!!