You are here

Here is the Situation with SS

Stepmomkate1's picture

SEE MY OTHER POST ABOUT MENTAL ILLNESS BELOW

Now SS12 was always Oversensitive, Easily angered/upset And could not keep his hands to himself. When he was in preschool age he would bite and push peers. School age The pushing continued but got better. He’s still not great with peers/school but way better there then home. At home he’s like a Loose cannon. 

SS is Notorious for Interrupting, Speaking rudely and Disobeying. If I ignore SS’s behavior nothing will come of it BUT sometimes I’ve had it with him and say something. THIS is where the trouble begins. For example I’ll see SS try and get the ball from the dog by kicking it out of the dogs mouth. I’ll tell SS not to do this. SS in turn will raise his voice telling me I’m lying and giving DH a side look. I’ll defend myself and SS will increase is tone with me intill it becomes a pissing match. Finally I’ll either ask DH for help or DH will jump in and tell SS to knock it off. This will cause SS to either start crying, screaming Angerly or both at DH. SS has been known to break/throw things in this Agitated state and hit both DH and I. The hitting is rare maybe three times for me ever and once a year for DH. Now these issues ALWAYS start minor over a petty thing and blow over the top when DH gets involved. SS will get so upset crying you can’t even under stand him half the time. It’s like he’s VERY upset the crying part but at the same time in raged Angerly to the point you can’t not reason with him and he’s just swearing, yelling and crying all at once. This happens at BM’s house but no where as much as our house. Almost every weekend we have some sort of Outburst from SS. 

I’m just here looking for Opinions. At 12 years old is this his personality? Will he Mature up and be a ok adult? Finally is this just normal pre teen behavior or something else

Rags's picture

Using a spray bottle to spray water in the face of an out of control kid mid tantrum can break progression of the melt down.

It may be worth a try.  

Do what is necessary to end the drama.

Stepmomkate1's picture

SS has been in talk therapy with a social worker for years and same with the Psychiatrist for Medicine management. Does not seem to be helping much but then again maybe SS would be even worse if he was not going. BM only went to the Social worker Appointments in the beginning but now never goes. BM does not like or agree with the social worker the reason she stopped going with DH and SS years ago. DH brings him to see the social worker now. BM goes to the Psychiatrist appointments which are once ever couple of months. The only reason she goes is to try and control how much medicine SS gets. 

Swim_Mom's picture

What better time than when DD15, DS18 and DD20 are all home! He is a 5 month old Lab/Pointer mix and he's adorable!

I can tell you that if someone dared to kick a ball out of his mouth or to be aggressive with him, he/she would be very, very sorry. That would be the last time that POS entered my home. I do not give a $hit what his "diagnosis" or excuse is - it's called an out of control brat with bad parenting. Threatening an animal is totally unacceptable.