You are here

Help,,,, venting too

nobios3steps's picture

Years ago when we married, I had Sk's that did not live with us but lived with mom.

Things came out and I became a full time SM, with little involvement from the BM other than drama.

My husband works out of town and comes home several days at a time then back out, but I am feeling more and more dumped on. I take on the full time roll of a BM but I am SM. BM now has supervised visitation that she does not do.

Husbands parents were helping out sometimes but they couldn't take the "stress" of the kids and left. I am so mad, these are their grandkids and they won't help but it is my "duty" to do it all

I have one SK left, but it seems like I never get a break for real it is getting old and I am getting worn out and tired from dealing with the "stress"

Now grandparents want to come back, only to have a place to live not to help out because Sk is old enough to do things on her own now.

I feel like a babysitter, maid and taxi and I also work outside of the home full time.

I am frustrated and every other emotion

hereiam's picture

The grandparents want to move in with you? That is something that I would not be okay with.

It's not really the grandparents' responsibility to take care of their grand-kids, any more than it is your responsibility to take care of them. It should not have just been dumped on you.

Did your husband ever talk to his employer about not working out of town so much? I mean, had he been single, he would have had to figure something out.