You are here

HELP!!! About to lose my mind!!! (Bio and step related)

Halgsmom's picture

I was not sure where to post this. I apologize in advance if it is in the wrong place.

I have 5 kids (3 that are mine and 2 stepkids) ALL of them live with me, 4 fulltime (100% of the time) and 1 that is here 80% of the time. They range in age from 13 down to almost 2. I go to school fulltime and my DH works ALOT of hours every week. And even when he is not AT work, he is working from home. I have 3 kids in therapy, one on medication and I myself am taking an antidepressant to curb migraines caused from stress.

I have been a little sleep deprived the last week, been planning a big event at my house as some of you know. The BM will be here.... sigh.

I am sooo on edge. I want to scream and I am irritated at the littlest things this week. My youngest child is driving me insane. She is always pulling on my clothes until they are stretched beyond repair, touching me, climbing on me, pushing buttons (as we speak) on my computer.... She is EVERYwhere all the time. This is just one of the 5 kids. I am losing my mind.

Is it normal to feel like running away and leaving my kids behind (NOT forever, just until I feel better) I wont actually be going anywhere but I HATE being pawed at and touched all the time, is this normal???? I feel like an abnormal person.

Geema's picture

It is normal to need a break when you are overwhelmed. If you can I would suggest a babysitter if you can afford it, even for one day and evening so you can recenter yourself. You are not a machine.

uncommon's picture

Take a break! Lock yourself in your room for a couple of hours. Seriously. Go out for dinner ALONE. It's normal to need a break.

The big G's picture

My 2 year old pulls on my clothes and it drives my insane especially if bd3 is also playing up with Sd attitude. I hide for 5 minutes take deep breathes and put some happy music on and dance it really helps I see someone else also suggested it