You are here

is he serious? so unlike him

butterfly2010's picture

dh began a new job 2 weeks ago. a guy he works with is needing a place to stay. dh asks me what i think and i say "i think that you have known this guy only 2 weeks and we have small children here." he doesnt get what i mean. he goes on to say that it is only overnight, the friend he was staying with asked him to leave cause of money issues with the wife. i told dh that i wasnt good with this, but he said it was only one night.

the guys came after work and i already dont like this guy. he seems almost TOO grateful, he bought pizza and kept explaining what he was gonna do (im gonna look for my clothes in the car so i can shower and have work clothes for tomorrow) and his tone is just very.....suspicious? idk, maybe i am paranoid, but we have 3 young kids here.

plus, it seems he may be here more than overnight. cause he is going to see another friend on saturday about a place to stay. i told dh that i may stay at a hotel or friends home with bd and ss and sd. i dont feel too good about this. he got angry at me for thinking that he'd put his kids and pregnant wife in harms way. not saying he is but he just isnt making a good choice here. this isnt like him at all. he usually asks me things and we discuss it but this time he is taking it upon himself.

i worry this guy will rob us in the night or harm one of the kids. i dont know him, dh barely does. wtf is he thinking ??????????

giveitago's picture

Do you have a guest room? I'd be asking questions about where he lived before the other couple asked him to leave. I think I'd be a little concerned about being taken advantage of, rather than any harm befalling you or the kids. There are folks who just stay at people's homes until they are asked to leave and they move on to the next sucker! He could just feel like he has to justify himself in someone else's home too, I dunno, I think I'd be patient, after all your husband chose to marry you so his taste in folks is not that questionable. They guy does have a job, he is going to see about a place on Saturday, Saturday would be my deadline!! However discerning your husband is there are some manipulative people around. I like that your husband is a generous person. I truly do not think your husband would purposely put you or the kids in harms way, he may just have gotten suckered in by this guy! I would not blame him for that, some folks are very manipulative!! We've all been suckered in at some point...right??

Ajchick's picture

My DF considers me to be a little too paranoid at times, but I agree with you. I am cautious about people *I know* staying with me. I have dogs that stay in the house and I would worry if THEY were being mistreated by someone new in the house when I'm gone. There is NO way I would have him there with children!! In additon, what about your personal and houshold belongings? In my opinion you are right to feel the way you do. You (and your DH) have no idea who this man really is and what his motives are! If it were me I would say no way to this situation.