You are here

Having SD full time with no child support

christinen's picture

So we got SD full time in August. The court order still says 50/50 but DH and BM agreed amongst themselves that we would have SD all week when she started school because BM and DH live almost 2 hours apart and the week on/week off arrangement would not work.

The agreement was that we have SD every day there is school, and BM has her when there is no school. Simple enough and that keeps it 50/50. Only problem is BM has not been taking SD when she is supposed to (shocker right) and I just found out from DH that what he plans to do for the summer is BM have SD 2 weeks, then DH have her 1 week, etc.

For it to be 50/50, BM would have to have SD the whole summer. Now I knew that was not going to happen and I am okay with DH having her one week out of every month during the summer, but now he is saying 1/3 of the time! We have her EVERY DAY ALL YEAR. I was so looking forward to getting a break this summer but doesn't look like that's going to happen.

On top of that, DH refuses to take BM to court for CS because he thinks she will just "take SD more so she doesn't have to pay." :jawdrop:

christinen's picture

Well, I have no say but I just want her to do one or the other.. I don't think she should get off with not ever taking SD and not paying for her either.

christinen's picture

Thank you! I have a calendar where I write down who SD is with on each day. I would say we have her about 90% of the time. Problem is, DH refuses to take BM to court for CS because he's afraid she will take SD rather than pay & DH doesn't want to lose time with SD. Ugh.

EvilWickedSM's picture

I agree with Tog as well. How in the world was 50/50 granted when BM/DH live hours away from each other? Or did one of them move after the 50/50 order was made?

christinen's picture

50/50 was granted when SD was 1 year old & BM still lived in the area. In between that time & the time SD started school, she moved.