You are here

Has anyone ever attended this Stepmom Retreat???

Silent River's picture

Has anyone ever attended this stepmom retreat (I believe it has been held twice in two other parts of the country and this one is #3)??

If you have gone, is it helpful, good, thoughts?

http://sisterhoodofstepmoms.com/?page_id=23

Thanks for your input. Smile

Calypso1977's picture

looks interesting....might follow the group on facebook to hear about future locations.

Orange County Ca's picture

I see the rooms are "any occupancy" which I take to mean any number of people can occupy them. It would be a big help if you included your BM as a roommate as to better understand the topics being discussed.

Silent River's picture

I think it might be a nice vacation from the blender. Wonder if I could bring my best friend, the dog?

Shaman29's picture

It's a church based gathering, so I would not be interested at all in it.

I used to be heavily involved in the church and all I can say about retreats is they do little to no good, especially once organized by churches. It's always the same crap being spewed about let go and let god. Which opens the door for the same people to return every time and bitch about the same problems. They seem to think they don't have to do anything, just pray the problem away.

In my experience this type of gathering would be completely frustrating because there is no problem solving. And I guarantee in this type of setting, you're going to hear a whole lot of advice that is going to boil down to Suck it Up, Buttercup.