You are here

Harleygal and the Ya-Ya Sistahood

Harleygal's picture

of the traveling ladies!

Boy, am I so sorry I am this late with my post. I owe ya'll one that's for sure. I'll get straight to it (a month later)!!

Well, my family and I left out for Memphis on the Wednesday night before the weekend I was to meet up with the rest of the ladies. Nothing like hurriedly throwing your stuff in a bag and hoping for the best. DH decided we should leave that night instead of Thursday like we planned. Wink Wink He must have been really ready for me to meet these gals and get me off his back. I think I had been really hard on him the previous months. I guess someone needed to whip him into shape huh.

Well, Friday evening finally rolls around and I had spoken with Stepwitch (oops, I almost put your real name)a few times and after I got directions I was on my way to the cabin. I actually beat them there; I don't know how since I'm such an idiot with directions. It was great meeting everyone. Stepwitch pulled up beside me and I got to see her beautiful smiling face, then Sita and Kathleen's beautiful smiling faces. It really seemed like we had known each other forever.

It wasn't long before we were talking, just like we were picking up conversations we had had at Steptalk. Before long we had all the alcoholic beverages lined up on a table ready to drink them. The wine was all really tasty and the buttery thingys weren't too shabby either. Stepwitch cooked us all really wonderful steaks and stuff. She was the perfect hostess! I had to leave Friday night and drive back to my family in Memphis at the hotel since they wanted to go do "something" on Saturday.

I went back to the cabin on Saturday night. More conversing (a lot with Sita about OCD) and then the BM pinata burning. This BM was the fuggliest BM I've ever seen. It was great watching that thing burn. Ya'll did a really good job decorating her. I didn't get to participate in decorating - maybe next time.

Did ya'll know Stepwitch can play guitar?

Sita, Kathleen and Stepwitch are three of the sweetest ladies ever. Whoever gets to go to the next campout in October is really going to be in good hands. DH is pressing me to return in Oct. He really wants to go back too. I'm trying to figure out how to do it with our fiscal year closing coming up 9/30. Plus I have annual leave days that I have to use between now and 9/20 which means I'll be taking several days off next week to do so.

I really had fun even though I didn't get to spend as much time as everyone else. I wish I could have stayed longer. Thanks guys and love ya!

Harleygal's picture

Sita Tara's picture

And if your DH is pressing you to come back in Oct, then you BETTER take him up on it!

Miss you HG!

YA YA!

"Om Tare Tutare Ture Mama Ayurpunye Jnana Putin Kuru Svaha"
~Sita Tara Mantra

stepwitch's picture

Take him up on it and drive over.. Maybe we can find someone for you to ride with..... Makes me wonder why your hubby wants you to visit, did you have new and refreshed attitude towards stephood?

I know that your teenage SD has recently moved in with yall, talk about a challenge in its own.. Make it happen, can't wait to see you.

Stepwitch
Thank you Disney for portraying a positive image on all stepmothers!!!!

Harleygal's picture

SD is a pretty good kid but a kid at that. Now she has a boyfriend. I'm almost afraid to leave her at home alone. I sure don't want BM stopping by to check on her when we're not home. I don't know. Send her to BM's for a few days, where she doesn't really want to be?

"OCD sucks"
Habit and routine have an unbelievable power to destroy.
--Henri de Lubac

Harleygal's picture

to get to visit the middle and eastern parts of Tennessee. With the kids last time, he didn't get to do that. He's wanting his bud and his wife who is also a step-mom (two different times now, like me) to come with us.

We have really had no step-related issues. Everything's great. Not going to say I agree with everything but overall SD is a great kid - just a little spoiled like most kids. I don't know about the boyfriend in the bedroom with the door shut thing, but hey. I figure I let my feelings on the subject be very well known. DH said he is handling it and trusts her so I'm not letting it get to me too much. DH is getting his finances under control and actually went off his meds and is doing much better this time around without them. (He went off the meds while we were in Memphis. I didn't find out until we got home. Surprise, surprise) I think having SD with us makes a big diff, DH is not worried about the environment she is in.

My only problem with another vacation is that we just had vacation in May to Colorado (I took a week off for that), then the last Memphis trip (I took two days off for), and now I have 6 days I have to use by 09/30/08 which means another vacation for me next week. Leave starts over accruing 10/01/08 and I will have to wait for enough to accrue after that!! Nothing like working for a government entity.

Miss you all! I'm going to try to catch back up on ST this week. Looks like there are a lot of newbies.

"OCD sucks"
Habit and routine have an unbelievable power to destroy.
--Henri de Lubac