You are here

Happy Valentines Day to me!

Redsonya's picture

Sorry - I don't mean to have a whole weeks worth of whiney posts, but it just gets better and better. I told DH to leave yesterday. I offered to contact his sponsor at AA, or anyone at AA to come get him and help him. I told him I personally would not drive him to the hospital to detox because I have done that WAY too many times and DD4 does not need to deal with that ever again. He didn't want to contact anyone and I know why - because he didn't want to stop drinking yesterday and anyone that he contacts in AA will pick him up, get him help, but also get him to stop drinking.

Instead, he parked his truck at the lake parking lot near my house. I saw it when I went to the grocery store last night. I had a funny feeling and checked online, and sure enough, he got picked up late last night for drunk in public and released from jail this morning. Based on the location, the cops either told him he couldn't sleep in the parking lot, or he was on his way to town to get more booze. So, DD4 and I will be spending Valentine's Day indoors, with all the doors and windows locked in case he shows up here.

Happy Valentine's Day to me!

Redsonya's picture

Oh I also got to clean up the guest room this morning, where DH has been camped out all week. I counted EIGHT pints of vodka, 4 bottles of wine, and at least 30 cans of beer - all empty. Hello?! Wouldn't that KILL a normal person? Jeez, I remember when I met DH and I thought it was so noble and responsible of him not to drink. My dad and brother drink a bit too much, but compared to DH, thier drinking looks like an addiction to sunshine and puppies! I didn't even know this level of alcohol addiction was possible!

RedWingsFan's picture

Gosh girl I feel for you. Both of my parents are raging alcoholics so I'm familiar with the heartbreak of it but thankfully, they pretty much left me on my own right after I graduated high school at age 17.

I hope he gets the help he needs and doesn't return to your lives until he's completely sober and responsible.

LOSTTHEWILTOLIVE's picture

Hi Redsonya

Oh my i feel for you - my dad died of alcohol - he died a slow painful death - he drank from when i was a small child and it got worse and worse as i got older - your daughter of 4 mustn't be part of this - the guilt of him drinking nearly drove me insane.

If he doesn't want to do it he won't he will keep burdening you and your child with his guilt and poor excuses.

Please don't let him drag you down with him - your life is way too short to live with his toxic behaviour from the 'demon ' drink.

Thoughts are with you and your daughter xxx

Redsonya's picture

Thats a good reminder:) I took her to dinner last night and gave her, her first watch for Valentine's Day this morning. Maybe we'll play some games and watch a movie together tonight.

I am nervous of leaving the house - I haven't been able to get the locks changed yet and the last thing I want to do is come home to him here.