You are here

Halloween night - am I making too much of this?

LindaKjl's picture

Am I making too much of this....First of all, let me tell you my husband has two adult sons (23) and (21). Both of his sons have Full Time Union jobs and live at home with their mother rent free. Typically, one or both just pop over whenever they feel like it because they are hungry and want free food.

Last night was a Friday night. 23 year old came over around 6;00 and decided he wanted to hang out here to waste time until he could hook up with hid buddies to go our partying. So he was here for 2-3 hours. There went my Friday night with my husband as since his son was here that takes precedence....I went in the back bedroom ("office") and just did paperwork/filing that had stacked up.

Now it's Saturday and 21 year old just popped in with his gf and while I was outside working in the yard, he told his dad that he wants him to take them out for dinner tonight (basically to get a free dinner for them). So when I came in, my husband said we were taking 21 year old and his gf out to dinner. I said it's Halloween (our neighborhood is doing trick or treating tonight)....I have all this candy, I can't go out to dinner. So my husband said well fine, I'll take my son and his gf out.

I am sooo upset. I am NEVER consulted on anything. Whenever and whatever his kids want GOES and that's it.

Rags's picture

If you want to send a message while DH and his spawn and the GF are out have the locks rekeyed. Then tell DH that in the future if he wants to be included in your decisions in a timely manner then he damned well better include you in his.

End of problem either way it turns out.

hippiegirl's picture

So, your DH lets his kids demand dinner out from him on his dime?
Did I read that right?

Jeezus! Of all the rude things I've ever heard.

hippiegirl's picture

Usually, when you suggest going out to eat, it means you intend on paying. WTF?

SanAntonioSoccerMom's picture

That is how "kiddults" are at that age. I have a 21 and 22 year old SSs that I raised. They are both in college and pop in and raid my pantry and fridge every weekend. I really would not care about the popping in to say hi, as that is what kids to at their parent's house and it is nice they want to see their parents, but the dinner thing was rude. And your husband was rude for not consulting you first.

DarlingMom28337's picture

It sounds like he is only concerned with his image to these boys and is parenting out of guilt still.