You are here

Ha ha ha! BM is going to DIE when my husband tells her this...

Krissy09's picture

So my husband and I were trying to plan spring break this year with the kids but it just wasn't coming together. Between the kids having to go back home overnight for Easter and my travel schedule for work we found it would impossible for us to plan more than a 2 day trip to the beach which wouldn't even be worth going.

Soooooooooo I'm sitting here reading over the parenting plan to she what time she gets them for Easter, 6pm the day before until 3pm the next day, cool. But as I continue reading under the spring break section it clearly states "Spring break takes precedence over Easter." I almost jumped to the moon when I read that!!!!!!!

This bitter, nasty, hateful, spiteful woman who refuses to give my husband and his kids 1 extra second of time together is going to lose her mind when my husband delivers this news to her. She has probably already bought their Easter outfits too, and planned a huge Easter extravaganza with her parents. I always keep my mouth shut when it comes to her crap and I stay out of their (hubby/BM) business but I CANNOT WAIT to hear what she has to say about this. You guys have no idea how excited I am to finally see BM suffer because she can't have her way.
Oh HA,HA,HA Bitch!

(PS...Read your parenting plans thoroughly, especially if you have a BM who tries to alienate your spouse from their child's life like we do. We read this parenting plan a week ago and we did not catch this.)

This has absolutely made my freakin night!

Rags's picture

Oh yes. The side of the blended family equation that has the most complete knowledge of all elements of the CO and any applicable supplemental rules and regulations ahs a distinct advantage in the blended family dynamic.

We used this to our advantage for the entire 17+ years of our live under a CO. This is what allowed us to protect the SKid from the shallow and polluted end of his gene pool and to keep the Sperm Clan pummeled into submission.

Enjoy beating her about the head and shoulders with the rolled up copy of the parenting plan. }:)

Maxwell09's picture

Maybe I'm just used to dealing with a more aggressive BM, but won't she just do this to your DH when it's his turn to have Easter? I mean I'm all for BMs getting what they deserve especially when they are the ones who made/dictated the CO in the first place. It just seems to me that yall will take away her Easter using the Spring Break clause, but next year will be your DHs Easter so can't she just do it back to him?

Rags's picture

I think that this is an issue only when Easter falls during Spring Break. Apparently the CO prioritizes Spring Break over Easter when they coincide. Next year Easter and Spring Break may not coincide. Easter does not always fall during Spring Break.

Disneyfan's picture

It may be a matter of how their school district schedules spring break. Based on the wording of the order, I assume that it's rare for their schools to have spring break fall during Easter.

Oldmom's picture

I would not mention it at all until after the kids are picked up. Maybe even not at all. Just not be home or available Saturday when she expects the kids. When she screams a simple "please read the custody order" and ignore the rest.

But don't give her a reason to not release the kids in the first place. Ignore any reference to Easter directly to you and act surprised if/when the kids bring it up.

luchay's picture

Yes, that's what I was thinking - do NOT tell her til you have the kids for spring break already.... otherwise she'll find some way to wreck it.

Sweet T's picture

The BM in me cringes when I read your post because you are getting so much joy out of this. I was a very involved step mother for 9 years and I did all the parenting because my now ex is a mentally ill, abusive asshole and spent his visitation with his children laying on the couch doing nothing. My ex has pretty limited visitation with our son who is 7. He couldn't tell you what the decree says and has given up most holidayS ( this easter included) because he is lazy and doesn't want to make the holiday for the kids.

Now if he were dating you he would say that I was evil and controlling and keep him from his child. ( I heard this about BM1 while I was dating/married to him and I can tell you now this was not the case) His visitation is what it is based on his behavior. Sometimes we are told one thing as the step mom and then we feel the urge to rescue our husband's from a woman who may not be what we think she is.

Please don't think I am saying that this is your case BUT I am telling you that it is your husband's job to figure these things out not you. It is his decree and he should be the one who knows it not you. I will tell you that holidays are important to me, I am the one who bought the gifts, planned the activities and dyed the eggs. My ex had BS7 for Thanks giving and he served him a store bough dinner in his underwear and didn't even bother to shower that day. They were alone in his dirty apartment...my son was thrilled to find out he doesn't have to go to h is dad's for Easter. I am in the process of moving and lots of things are packed up but we will celebrate Christ's rebirth clean and wearing pants as we eat dinner.

Sweet T's picture

Oh he is a keeper. He has a new love interest who I think he has known for 2 weeks who he is going to bring with to the kids passion play at church on Friday. He rushes into things. He has had 8 or 9 GF's in the last year. He tells them I tried to kill him and then had him arrested and BM1 cheated on him....all lies. That is why I am a firm believer that we need to step back and let them negotiate and take everything with a grain of salt.

Trust me I am glad that my BF has no kids and has never been married.Funny thing is my BF is all concerned about my son being exposed to this new woman. I am too but I have know I have no control over that, I have to have faith that BS will be fine and will tell me if anything funny goes on. I will say God help them both if this woman is as crazy as him and something happens to BS.

Sweet T's picture

He was on dating websites 1 month after being arrested for domestic abuse and being kicked out. Trolling for a new sugar momma.