You are here

Grrrr So tired of the BS!

karjam407's picture

So DH and I were headed to the movies tonight and of course because it was posted on facebook. BM had to text DH and inform us that SD was was going to be retained in the 4th grade. Now, if it was the first time she had been held back understandable but no. This is her 3 time being held back kindergarten, second, and now fourth. Her excuse, well its such an advanced school and 4th grade is the hardest of all the grades. WTH CB! How is 4th grade the hardest? SHe has two younger daughters and now they will all be in the same grade. Coincidence? I think not! I really hate her and I feel like she just has to have something to get my husband worked up. Only problem is that it gets me more worked up than him! We live over 1600 miles away and we only see them once a year. So of course we never hear anything until its to late. DH will call the school tomorrow. If they will talk to him. Any advice ladies? I know it might sound crazy but I feel like she is trying to keep his two daughters in school for longer so she can continue to collect CS. As of know his oldest will be almost 20 when she graduates HIgh school! WTH is wrong with these crazies!

overworkedmom's picture

As a parent it is your responsibility to make sure that your child is doing school work. Is she helping with homework? Is she going over sight words, is she in contact with the teacher, after school help, tutors, does she need to be evaluated for learning disabilities? I have a million questions about this...

karjam407's picture

She did have a tutor for a little bit. When we asked her how the tutoring was. BM said oh its great but all they do is play. WTH! The thing that irratates me the most is she did say that she was going to fail the 4th grade when they had just started the second grading period.

karjam407's picture

Hi,, thanks for responding. Dont worry I dont post my buisness on facebook. My 13 year old son does lol and of course the BM has to be friends with him and everyone else in my family. (creepy) Its not the same school district. She moved to be with her man of 1 month. She does that alot with the kids. But it was her option to retain her yet again. SHe held her back all three grades. The teachers asked her and she said that it was in SD best interest to be retained. SHe said it is such a hard school district and she cant catch up. DH does truly care about the girls, its just so hard to get any contact with them without BM being a CB!

overworkedmom's picture

Is it an option to have her come live with you? Being retained 3 times seems like a child neglect case to me.

karjam407's picture

HAHAHA BM would go crazy over that one. We did go see a lawyer shortly after DH and I got together. The lawyer said unless BM is in a crack house we have no shot. "they are girls and they need their mother" SHe has 6 of them.

always wrong's picture

I would stop posting everything on FB for BM to read, she will constantly find a reason to call w/ bad news, etc. There is nothing you can do if the kid is that stupid.... he will end up paying until the kid is out of school or 21 years old (I believe that's the cutoff point) at least in most states. I wouldn't have Skids move in with you full time, you are asking for trouble then.

karjam407's picture

Thanks, I dont really post much on FB. My 13 year old had put on his fb that he was going to see hunger games and she texted about an hour later. Ill make sure to tell my son not to put anything on his fb. Thanks for the tip Smile