You are here

Got the letter from the lawyer today

SAHsigh's picture

Here's the link from the last post I had about BM wanting to move out of state with SS/SD5:
http://www.steptalk.org/node/167299

So she's going to go through with court proceedings, we got the letter today. It looks like her main arguments for the move are for "substantial financial benefits that aren't available in this area" and that it would "provide the children a substantial benefit through tuition reduction". And for some reason, she's also added that we've talked about relocating in the future, as well. That's news to me! We've talked about moving closer to his family (about 3.5 hours from us) but not until the kids are in college. I'd hardly say that a plan to move in 15-ish years is akin to that.

The proposed custody changes attached to the notice actually make the split more like 70/30 rather than the 60/40 she told my parter about before. She also wants us to meet her halfway for all pick-ups and drop offs.

Oh, man, I hate going to court. I had a feeling this would happen again, though. I really hope this goes in our favor. If she wants to move, we'd have no problem keeping the kids here.

Also, SS's behavior at school has been less than stellar -- I know it's got something to do with this. I wish there was something more I could do. It's like being pinned down while watching people I love suffer.

SAHsigh's picture

I pick the kids up from school today, and apparently BM has told them that they're moving! Why the hell did she do that before we've even gone to a mediator??

Gah, I really dislike that woman!