You are here

Giving a wild 4 yr old kid a BB gun

Notyourgrandma's picture

Would you give a 4yo an ATV and a BB gun. My stupid SS gave these items to his wild 4 year old. I told him I think the kid is to young.His answer is "I put a device on the ATV so it won't go over 30mph"I said that's still to fast let the kid learn how to ride his bike 1st...stop rushing the kid to grow up...he tells me I'm crazy. Thank God the ATV broke. So now he's got the real BB gun. This kid can't control himself w/ a squirt gun, whats he doing w/ a BB gun. I watched them yesterday. The kids yelling for his Gun, "give it to me right now it's mine". SS give this kid the gun and preceeds to start texting on his phone all while the kids aiming at everything. The father finally tells him "I told you to aim it at the ground" The kids responce all while aiming it at his father was"It's my gun". Why would anyone give a 4yr old a BB gun. He might as well turn the kid loose on a 4 lane highway and tell him to cross.
And he says I'm crazy. What is your opinion.

justa102's picture

I would be 100% against the BB gun at age four. My God, my brother's ss, who's 12, was just caught with an airsoft gun. Whew, my brother flipped on him! Hell, they won't even let him have a slingshot.. haha. This kid is outrageous though so I understand why he's not allowed to have anything dangerous.

The quad.. Well, it depends on the parent and the kid. I know for sure that when my baby is born, FDH will get him/her a quad or dirt bike early on.. probably around that age. It depends on the quad too.

Ommy's picture

It depends on the kid and it depends on the parent my FSD5 has oneit is pink I got it for her at Christmas. She know what every part is called, she knows the “basics” of cleaning it and she knows all of the rules. And she absolutely loves it. We take her out all the time she is very calm and good. I have been shooting my entire life I see nothing wrong with it WHEN the parents are responsible and the child learns the rules around guns. For her birthday I am getting her a 22 so that way I can take her and go ground squirrel shooting this summer. She has already shot my old 22 but it isn’t the right color for her.

Orange County Ca's picture

You realize this is a 4 year old BOY whose brain has barely developed past the ability to stand upright. You do not have a conversation with a boy at this age like you can with a girl.

Notyourgrandma's picture

I'm glad the majority of you see my point.
This is something that happened yesterday...remember I mentioned the ATV in my original post....the NUTTY SS & his older brother(which I see is not any smarter)were in my garage fixing that ATV....the older SS lets his kid (who is 7)hop on that vehicle he tells the kid where the throttle is but forgets to tell him about the break....you guessed it
The vehicle (yes the one that's supposed to have the govern or whatever it's called on it)takes off....full throttle the kid crahes into my heavy wooden adirondack chairs,sends them flying, he goes flying in the other direction....thank God he didn't get hurt tooo badly....about 2 hrs later the 4yr old is riding it.....don't they get it. Later I look out the window the kids have the mallots to my croquet set...and are smashing them into a tree.. ..I'm about ready to cry...couldn't sleep last night I'm fuming and upset about their disrespect...I almost don't want to know what the garage looks like since the kids were in there while their fathers were working on their cars. I may just have to leave my husband if he doesn't start taking charge of this situation. Again thanks so much for letting me vent and lending me support.Have a really great Easter.

Disneyfan's picture

As I read this, the first thing I thought of was My Redneck Vacation.

They took their ATVs, bows and other crap with them to the vaction home they rented in the Hamptons.

I won't give a kid of any age any type of gun. ATV would have to wait until the age of 10.

Notyourgrandma's picture

This cracks me up.....Just wondering what the locals thought when they arrived............

Orange County Ca's picture

When I saw the kid I would leave the area and call the police. They can easily put out an eye.