You are here

Funny how SK's who hate you want you to bend over backwards

nobios3steps's picture

I disengaged from my Sk's who are ungrateful, and tell everyone how horrible I am and how they hate me.

Funny now how I pay no attention to what they say it doesnt affect me anymore, I go about my business doing things.

They tell their dad how much they love me, and how I need to take them here and there and everywhere. Especially since school is going to be out soon.

Sorry, my taxi is busted and so is my give a .........

Exjuliemccoy's picture

It's holding one hand out in expectation while flipping you the bird with the other. Pure bratty skid behavior.

I think a lot of times in step life, there's a thin veneer of civility that allows everyone to limp along. The feelings and actions underneath may be quite different, however, as everyone keeps up the pretense. Since most men are blind to nuance, they accept that veneer as reality. They get to play Happy Family while we experience the slings and arrows of what's below the surface. Skids learn how to navigate and exploit this dynamic; as long as they play along, they reap the benefits. That is, until we change the equation.

Accepting what is and climbing out of the rabbit hole was one of the best things I ever did for myself. Kudos to you for saying Enough.

Kinder1's picture

I so relate to these posts!! Exjuliemccoy you are on the money here. When we see DHs kids and the "act' like I matter he says "See, they like you, everyone is getting along good, right?". He is CLUELESS and always hoping he will have "one big happy family". I have been disengaging for one year 9after a 13 year ride from hell). I wish I had done it from the start. And oh yeah, when the Skids see you back off, they try pulling you in. Its the "keep your enemies close" strategy. NO thank you!

thinkthrice's picture

So true. They will pander to re-gain access to your wallet, chaffeur services, etc. :sick: