You are here

Funny how DH falls over himself to wait on Princess

hbell0428's picture

Last year both DH and I worked FT - yet I was the one to pack lunches, drop off - and so on..........DH hurt his back and has been homebound for months. He is unable to pick up a gallon of milk - so I have been the one to lift and do even more now.
He does stay home with the kids and he probably moves around more then he should. So when I get home after a long day of work - go figure - he can't move anymore........
Then I do dinner and wait on everyone - if BS5 needs something I get it.
Our children, BS5 &9- BD12 and SD14 all know this! My 3 children come to me for things because they know. EVEN after DH has told SD to ask me - since I am right THERE!! SD continued to ask daddy!!
Example: last night DH was relaxing on couch and SD - after sleeping 3 hours storms out of her room passes me by and says "can you get up and cut me a piece of ice cream cake?" he said something back and she turns around storms off and says - Fine then don't do it!! and back into her room!! REALLY....

and the kicker...................he go up - did and brought it to her in her bed!!

Is it me or what??

KirbyKat's picture

She's 14 and can't slice her own damn cake? WTH??
I feel your pain, SS15 asked DH the other day to help him open a cereal box. DH was about to it till I gave him the evil eye, then he made SS try harder.

Kes's picture

My DH takes the SDs 16 and 14 food and drink on a tray to their room!! I tell him he'd better not forget his apron and frilly cap or they might not give him a tip.

jojo68's picture

Same story different verse at my house too...do these men realize what a puss they look like when they allow their children (BM's too) to completely control them to the point that they'll wait on their kids like a f*ing butler...WTF It makes me so angry to see my SD11 ask her father to go get her food or a drink or whatever else she can think of and he just does whatever she tells him like a little dog following her around.

hbell0428's picture

Thank you!! I am not alone..........but what makes it worse is when the others.....especially the BS9 that he's old enough to get stuff himself!! then he does that!! - the other night she came out and asked him to pack her a lunch for her sporting event the next day!! WTH - DH didn't pack ONE Flippin lunch last year for our other children - EVER!! and of course he does.... and then he wonders why I just can't stand her!! Uhhhhhhhhhhh maybe the difference in treatment!!