You are here

Found undergarments- not me, the dog!

sandy777's picture

Had ss and both sd over the weekend. I then found soiled underwear and blue jeans, with feces through the jeans, in ss trash. In the bathroom upstairs, I found 2 incontinence pads soaked with urine.I think these are one of the sd. Actually the dog found them all! The sad part is, I can't say ANYTHING to dh as he will flip out and accuse me of "picking" on his kids! They seem to need SERIOUS MEDICAL help, but even saying this will cause dh to flip. So I'm just pretending nothing is at all odd!!!

EvilWickedSM's picture

I swear I looked at this a little bit ago and there were many more responses.

I agree with Punkin. Let him be the one to find them, or at least direct him to them so he sees them with his own eyes. That way he can't say you are just picking on his kids, or exaggerating.

furkidsforme's picture

Me too!

not2sureimsaneanymore's picture

Um, how old are they? Why does this sound like signs of sexual abuse to me? I'd be calling CPS to see why SS can't hold in his bowel movements and SD can't hold inher urine. Or I'd take them to the doctors.

Azure's picture

I just looked at your bio. They are WAY too old for this. They need to be seen by a doctor asap.

girlmeetsworld714's picture

Just took a seminar on looking for signs of abuse in children... Inability to hold bowl movements and/or urine is one of the signs of sexual abuse. Ignore your DH's anger at drawing attention to it; it is your moral duty as a human being to report things like this to people who can fix it!

Stepmomplan's picture

Yes, I agree with the above. This is a sign of serious issues, please do let your DH find it for himself and you need to report it.

Rags's picture

Let the dog "find" these things again and "let" DH find the doggies treasures. Then you are not picking on anyone. }:)

2Tired4Drama's picture

Sorry, but this sounds much too serious to play games or dance around what your DH may or may not want to hear. These are minor children we are talking about, who might be subjected to abuse.

You need to sit him down, point blank, and tell/show him what you've found. You then need to PRINT OUT documents from reliable websites stating that signs of sexual abuse can include incontinence problems.

The next step should be him having a non-confrontational conversation with his children as to what may or may not be going on in their lives. Next would be a conversation with the BM and last but not least, a conversation with approprite authorities.

If he chooses to ignore this, you've got much a bigger problem than him being upset or claiming you are "picking" on his kids. I call it showing concern for their welfare, something HE should be doing as their father!